The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lhenley

Deals must be everywhere

The forum has been mighty quiet, lately. Everyone must be out doing deals.

Lynn (FL)

I was thinking the same thing. I have one deal right now, but it is about $20k above median price, so it's been a PITA

Indeed, things have been too quiet around here. :( I sure hope it's because everyone is so busy doing business that they don't have time for us.

Erik, the fact that the property is above median price doesn't mean it's a bad deal. The question is whether or not there's value in the deal itself.

Indeed, things have been too quiet around here. :( I sure hope it's because everyone is so busy doing business that they don't have time for us.

Erik, the fact that the property is above median price doesn't mean it's a bad deal. The question is whether or not there's value in the deal itself.

I meant that the people calling on the property have been a bunch of "winners" :P

Just getting lots of people wishing they could get a $175k house when they should really be focusing on a $150k house.

Makes for a good buyers list I guess.

Hi Lynn,

How are things in your neck of the woods? In my area Baltimore / Washington metro area lease option deals are like finding a needle in a haystack. Prices are rising here and people are looking for cash deals like wholesale, rehabs, buy and hold and creative deals are not common here. Lease options may be better in markets where houses are not moving.

Sellers are always looking for cash deals. The best LO's deals are the ones where the seller hasn't been able to sell, and they're tired of making 2 house payments.

Lynn (FL)

• Like 2

Hi Lynn,

How are things in your neck of the woods? In my area Baltimore / Washington metro area lease option deals are like finding a needle in a haystack. Prices are rising here and people are looking for cash deals like wholesale, rehabs, buy and hold and creative deals are not common here. Lease options may be better in markets where houses are not moving.

Baron, houses are selling, homeowners definitely wouldn't be interested in wholesale deals. If they are, offer them a Pure Option at a wholesale price and then market to the same investors who the wholesalers market to.

I think my market is in ‘equilibrium.’ Over the last several weeks, I have been making multiple offers and meeting with sellers, but just can’t get them off the fence. Sellers are ready to go, almost; and buyers are over confident. I have planted a bunch of seeds and stay in touch for when the sellers are ready. I don’t think I have ever seen it like this; stagnant, straight-line. Not sure if this is an in between stage of a buyers’ market and a sellers’ market, but something needs to happen to shake things up . . . perhaps some economic growth. :glare:

Interesting, Steve, because here the sellers are overconfident. Now they think their properties are going to sell in 3 days, full price, all cash. The market has certainly improved but, c'mon, the heady days of 2005 are long over.

Overconfident Sellers and buyers, now that's a combo. This year is kind of a repeat of last year. The market didn't get going with newer listing until well into spring. With new listings sellers want to wait and see what happens then consider something creative. Last year the spring season marketing brought in a lot of fall season deals. But hey, I can't just wait and only eat potatoes until then. :)

Yes the last 2 weeks have been cold around here. I expect things to pick up soonish with the coming of Summer. I was hot on seller leads for a month there, but things have died down significantly. Can't say I've added to my marketing arsenal either though.... too busy having fun in the sun.

Schools just let out though..... time for people to move.

And then a man calls to unload 9 rentals on me. June 1 is everything I suppose....

Anyone interested in rentals capitalizating above 10% in the Wild West?

9 individual single family houses? Or a few multi units? Numbers wise, how do they look and what are your plans of attack?