The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

What going on with REI?

A quick perusal of the REI forums and things look pretty blah. Even creonline only has a couple of posts a day, I remember when they had 3 or 4 pages of new threads daily! reiclub is the same. And things are pretty quite around here too.

My RTO site is steadily declining in traffic as well. I notice that here in Canada, Kijiji absolutely dominates google's search results for terms related to "rent to own".

I don't think I've ever seen things this quiet before.

Hi, Doug. I agree. I see a noticeable drop in traffic here and have for some time. Other REI sites, too, have slowed considerably. I don't know why. I mean, is real estate now out of vogue?

Kinda seems that way doesn't it. At first I thought it was maybe just certain techniques, like lease options or something that wasn't as popular. But it looks like it's every niche across the board.

Nothing has really changed though has it? I mean my local market is business as usual. Finding deals takes about the same amount of effort as it always has. I will say that it's harder to find qualified T/Bs, but certainly not impossible.

Nothing has really changed though has it? I mean my local market is business as usual. Finding deals takes about the same amount of effort as it always has. I will say that it's harder to find qualified T/Bs, but certainly not impossible.

I agree.

I think everyone's waiting for the 'other shoe to drop'

That could very well be, Erik. We are in unchartered waters as far as economic policy is concerned. Massive insurmountable debt, high unemployment, political strife in Washington, a shaky world economy. . .perhaps everyone is hunkered down in bunkers with their dehydrated meals, gold bars, and bullets. :blink::o:ninja:

I haven't hit the forums as much just because of focusing on other things, such as world domination etc.

I completed my first wholesale deal, and go the check from the title company Wednesday.

Not a massive check, but whatever.

It's nice to see a deal come to completion.

Pretty easy stuff, like LO's, but just like LO's, it takes effort.

As far as the overall market, in places like here in TX, the market is hot, because the hedge funds like Blackstone, AH4R, The Colony etc., are buying all the FC's they can at the courthouse, and have had to turn to the MLS, so the inventory is low, but demand is the same, so of course values go up.

I'm getting ready to do a mailout next week, but I anticipate the response to be mediocre.

However, I'm also doing a small yellow letter campaign to absentee owners for wholesaling.

I have a guy here that is doing the letters, and it's far less than what you can get it done anywhere else.

He's a friend of mine that has worked for me for years, so if anyone needs yellow letters done I can put you in touch with him.

Also looking to utilize the wholesale leads to JV with my peeps on potential fix and flips etc.

Also looking to start my dream of becoming a Speedo model.

. . .Also looking to start my dream of becoming a Speedo model.

Your dream is my worst nightmare. . .shudder :unsure:

• Like 1

I have a guy here that is doing the letters, and it's far less than what you can get it done anywhere else.

He's a friend of mine that has worked for me for years, so if anyone needs yellow letters done I can put you in touch with him.

I'd like to have your yellow letter guy's info. Hand writing them? Meh...