The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DanielSun

how to L/O this place

I just came across a builder who built a million dollar house, he is trying to sell for $890,000 on MLS, he says if I bring him a buyer he will pay me about $35,000. This is the most expensive house in the neighborhood, the average price is about 550k for the neighborhood, but this is a huge house, well worth over 900k.

I explained that I wanted to do a lease option, so he says I can lease this place for 4000$ per month, and get this, he offered to have $2000 per month credited towards the purchase price of $890,000. That's a great deal!

My problem is I've never done a $4000 /month rent to own, and he is not flexible about the rent because he has to pay the mortgage. Any suggestion as how i should approach this? Should I try advertise as rent to own in the area, or go to a more expensive area and advertise Rent to Own signs?

Any input would be appreciated.

Hello, Daniel! Long time. Hope all is well up your way. :)

The price of the property doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not there is value being offered. From your description it sounds like there is. So it comes down to marketing aggressively. Advertise in the area and other areas, as well. Why not? Signs, online ads, word of mouth, contact the HR departments of any large companies in the area. They sometimes have employees transferring and offer relocation assistance. Get creative. It's a $35K payday. That'll buy a lot of snowshoes and parkas. B)