The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
speedingpenguin

Anyone in or around Charlotte, NC?

Awesome! I'm moving to Charlotte next month, would love to meet you and possibly work together on some deals... B-)

What's prompting the move, Chris? A woman? A man? (Not that there's anything wrong with that)*

*(obscure Seinfeld reference)

So, moving to the promised land! Don't tell anyone how awesome it is here. I 'used' to work with an independent contractor on a few deals in Charlotte, so yes we can take over the whole state.

MC won't admit it but he secretly loves the Panthers.

What's prompting the move?

Well, for one, it's 48* in Charlotte today and not even 30* in Massachusetts... Charlotte is pretty much 10-15* warmer than Boston every time I check the weather on my phone. Plus the "winter" down south is much shorter than in New England. I'm sick and tired of driving around with a car covered in road salt and trecking through slush and ice for nearly half of the year.

No woman (or man) prompting the move, but a beautiful young lady with a southern drawl is MUCH sexier than one with a BAHston accent (IMO) so that will also be a benefit of being down there B-)

I've got family out in the country in NC (cattle and tobacco farmers), as well as Davidson (North of Charlotte) and Wilmington (on the coast), plus a brother who's moving from Fayetteville to Charlotte.

I love being down in NC, and totally fell in love with the city of Charlotte a couple of years ago when I first spent some time in the city (and every time I've been back since). To me, it's just a nicer place to be than MA/NH where I've lived my whole life so far.

Plus, the Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a million times nicer than Boston's Logan Airport... which counts for something! :-)

Steve, PM me your number and I'll give you a call once I'm down there. Are there any REIA's in the area worth checking out?

If you like 48 degrees in Charlotte, you'd be running naked through the streets down my way. :lol: 78 today, 83 yesterday. I had to put on sunblock and mosquito repellent to hang Christmas lights.

Steve, the Panthers? Not a fan, not a believer. I need to see some push from them in the post season before I jump on the bandwagon. Lots of competition in the NFC. Seahawks and Niners are tough, as are the Saints. As for my Giants, well let's just say the Smart TV I recently purchased has left me feeling pretty dumb as I spend my Sunday afternoons watching these stiffs go through the motions, more concerned about their offseason golf games than the football game. :angry:

Believe me, MC... I was in Daytona Beach the first week of November, you Floridians have it awesome as far as the weather goes... but as Jerry Seinfeld said, "the state flag of Florida should just be a steering wheel with a hat and two knuckles on it"... Drive slow, sit low...

I'm not ready to retire and wait for death yet ;-)

post-8235-0-41690000-1386962970_thumb.jpg

• Like 1