The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
movinghome

How and who to show homes to Tenant-Buyer?

Hi everyone,

I am doing lease to buy part time as I do work full time. So sometimes, it would be hard for me to show the home to TB during the week, especially if the home is over 30 mins drive.

After you pre-qualify the TB (you will have their SSN, employment, etc and pre-screen them), are you comfortable to give out the lockbox code to the TB if the owner is not home?

I know I can put an ad in craigslist to hire someone to show home to Tenant-Buyer, but it takes time to trust someone and develop relationship. Just want to hear more ideas.

I am not comfortable with the lockbox system, giving access to a property to strangers, particularly if the house is the personal residence of the owner and contains their personal possessions. Same thing with placing an ad on Craig's List. Who knows who will respond to such an ad to gain access to properties.

If the property is local you will have to work out showings within the framework of your schedule. Keep in mind the prospective tenant/buyers are also working full time and probably are going to want to see the house on weekends.