The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MJ Smook

Check from title company.

When I do a SLO, my understanding is that the TB should make out his option consideration check to a Title company so that it will count towards his down-payment for future purchase financing.

Is this correct, and if so, how do I get the money out of the title company and back into my hands?

Thanks for your support

Hello, MJ, and welcome aboard.

No, your understanding is incorrect. When doing a sandwich lease, that option consideration from the t/b goes directly to you. It's nonrefundable and it's your first income stream in a sandwich, the others being cash flow and then back end profit.

Option consideration may or may not be accepted as part of a tenant/buyer's down payment. It is wholly dependent upon what the t/b's chosen lender decides. In the real world, however, that is almost never the case any longer. Instead, it is treated as a credit towards the purchase price.

Thanks for your reply Michael and for the welcome. This forum is a great opportunity to get clear on exactly what to do to make a success of this business. By facilitating it in addition to your book, you have delivered above and beyond.

• Like 1