The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest steve55121

code enforcement

Guest steve55121

Well....

They finally called..... posed as a person with a piece of propety for sale.....

voice mail "hey this is brent marshall with two ll's pause pause give me a call tomorrow afternoon at 651-485-xxxx. My voicemail on my telephone does not work so if I dont answer try again"

When I called this afternoon he was like who is this and I said you responded to one of my real estate advertisments. He was like whats your company name... I was like blah blah ect.... he was like whats your name... I told him my 1st.... and then he didnt hear my last so I said something simular to my real name. Then he started complaning about my signs being in the right of way ect. I asked him which sign... he named a few locations.... I said "those signs are no longer there" There is tons of political signs up and it seems like I'm being picked on. Seems like he is calling on signs that were up a few weeks ago and are now gone.... I gave him a bogus address to send his code enforcement letter to... he called back and said thats not a valid address I need your address... (I know I should have blocked my cell phone # when I called)

I dont plan on giving it to him..... 99% of my signs are not up now... since its getting cold here I'm going on to ADS and mailing again... he mentioned something about sending a detective to my house..... SO WHAT!!! all the signs are gone... and he did not do a good job of reprenting himself... I do believe it was code enforcement.... The only way he will get my addres is calling my voicemail co...

-Steve

Interesting that someone from code enforcement would go to such lengths to ask you to remove a few bandit signs. Things must be slow up by you, Steve.

I wouldn't give it too much thought. You said the majority of the signs are already down. Send a detective? Sheesh......now I've heard it all. If we don't hear from you for a week I'll be sending out the hounds......