The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BillVargas

1st effort

Today I found a flyer, in a grocery store, offering "For Rent Beautiful 4-bedroom House in Lagrangeville $1,900.00 per month. If interested, Call--- ----."

I live in Lagrangeville for openers. I entered in phone number in google and got the name and address of the person who put out the flyer. Low and behold the address was around the corner from my house. I called the number but no one answered. I left the following message right out of Michael's book. "Hi, My name is Bill Vargas. I own a property management company and specialize in lease purchases. I saw your flyer and was wondering if you'd be interested in selling your house on a lease purchase? If you are interested my phone is--- -----.

Of course a rent of $1,900.00 is very high. If it is a house on the street that came up on google I doubt anybody would pay that high a rent for an older house.

So far it is 6:00pm on the day of the call and they have not returned my call.

I really don't care if they do, because of after a week and a half of getting ready I jumped in the water and that's all that matters for now.

Thanks to all!

Hi, Bill. Fantastic! A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

It really is irrelevant if they return the call. The big picture here is that your studying and preparation has led to action. The key now is to build from this and remain in action. Persistence, Bill, persistence!

By the way, I would recommend you simply say, "Hi. My name is Bill. I saw your flyer and was wondering if you would be interested in selling your house on a lease purchase. If so, please feel free to call me at 123-4567" Leave out the part about the property management if you are leaving a message. These homeowners may think you come with a hefty fee attached, and elect not to call you back. You can ease into this property management approach once they have called and you are on the phone speaking with them. This gives you the ability to address their concerns and objections immediately as they arise.

Alternately, you can try, "Hi. My name is Bill. I saw your flyer and was wondering if you would be interested in leasing your house now, and possibly selling it sometime in the future. If so, please feel free to call me at 123-4567"

Since the flyer mentioned For Rent, and contained no mention of selling, the homeowners might not like the sound of lease purchase. This second approach might be less threatening to them, and may just result in a call back.

Once again, you prove that I am myself, but not alone.

Yes, I agree with you completely. As I wrote you this forum is good source material for you next addition of the "Naked Investor". The calling script and the explaination for it would be of great value to the newbies like me.

Guest steve55121

Congrats!!! thats your 1st step.... before you know it you will be turning down deals, and only taking the profitable ones...

After 2 more cups of coffee I could be your mentor :lol:

-Steve

Congrats!!! thats your 1st step.... before you know it you will be turning down deals, and only taking the profitable ones...

the only deal is a profitable one :lol:

otherwise it is not a deal