The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
maxmagic

Expired Listings

I just talked to a realtor today and asked him to provide me with expired listings. He said he would do it, but he told me that if I call these listings it would fall under the DO NOT CALL regulation and I could be fined. Has anyone else heard this? I figured I could get the address and drive by to see if they have a sign up with the phone number then I could call with no problem.

Interesting, Ross, and I'd love to hear the definitive word on this. It sounds unlikely to me that an individual investor calling a homeowner about their property for their own investment portfolio would be in violation of the Do Not Call law. But, let's see if someone can come along and shed some light on this.

results now (proquest voice mail) has a system where it will call numbers and when you get a answering machine or voice mail it will leave a message (you tape I think). funny thing is it will hang up on a real person. It does not violate the do not call law.

oh yeah max,

don't call, send them a letter/postcard, through up a few fliers around there house, b-signs, or even a door hanger.....

Interesting topic.

We took a detailed look at the Haines Criss-Cross directory this weekend in a live demo and they have also flagged the records with the Do Not Call information.

Hang a door tag on their door. (They will think everyone got them)

option8

better yet hang one on all the doors in the nieghborhood (you never know), atleast on each side and across the street in case they talk.

My Realtor is still providing me with them. Of course he is also an investor. He strictly works the rehab market, so we don't overlap. If I do happen to get one that is "ugly" and needs a lot of work, I get it under contract and wholesale to him. Works out pretty well.

Anyway, I have been doing direct mail to expired listings for almost a month now and I have been pleased with the results. Also, no one has complained.

I send a combination of letters and postcards. They get one, then the other....back and forth...every two weeks for 6 months (or until they tell me to stop).

As far a L/P's go I've signed up two, have another two coming my way in a week (as soon as listing expires), and one potential subject-to/foreclosure deal. And these all came from letters/postcards to expired listings.

Here is something to note however. I had been doing this 3 months prior to getting Michael's course. Then, my letters/postcards were the typical "I'm an investor, I am great, I can buy your house on a lease-option" type of message. I only had one response and zero deals. I bought Michael's course, changed my letters/postcards to use the text from the letter he provides (positioning me as more of a property manager), and in one month I am have had the response I described above. The correct message is everything! :D

Of course I have to get them filled to make any money! :o

Here is something to note however. I had been doing this 3 months prior to getting Michael's course. Then, my letters/postcards were the typical "I'm an investor, I am great, I can buy your house on a lease-option" type of message. I only had one response and zero deals. I bought Michael's course, changed my letters/postcards to use the text from the letter he provides (positioning me as more of a property manager), and in one month I am have had the response I described above. The correct message is everything!  :D
Hmmm....I'm smart, I'm good looking........wonder if I could option my wife for some consideration and move up to a nicer neighborhood??*
Of course I have to get them filled to make any money!
That's the key at this time, obviously. The harder part is finding the properties. The easier part of the equation is completing your exit strategy. Don't take this for granted. Market as aggressively for tenant/buyers and/or assignees as you are for homeowners.

*Note bravery of author when wife is out of town.

Hi Michael,

Scenario:

The woman and her lover had just finished making incredibly passionate love.

The telephone rings. The woman answers.

"Oh hi. Yes dear. Oh,that's wonderful.

Yes, I miss you.

I love you too. Bye."

The lover asks,"Who was that?"

"Oh,just my husband. He called to tell me what a wonderful time he's having on the fishing trip with you."

:o:D;)

Patrick

Hi Michael,

Scenario:

The woman and her lover had just finished making incredibly passionate love.

The telephone rings. The woman answers.

"Oh hi. Yes dear. Oh,that's wonderful.

Yes, I miss you.

I love you too. Bye."

The lover asks,"Who was that?"

"Oh,just my husband. He called to tell me what a wonderful time he's having on the fishing trip with you."

:o;);)

Patrick

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :):D:o:D:P

Some times nicer neighborhood have additional cost and if you are not careful shoddy workmanship. They may depreciate after the glitter and prestige wear off where, as an established neighborhood will appreciate slowly but Shirley. And remember a good neighborhood is hard to find.

Seems like if a person lists thier house, they are making it public record of their intent to sell. You are contacting them about buying or putting someone in the house. You're not trying to sell them anything. What's the diference in calling an expired listing and calling someone who's house you found that looks like it's empty and could be a good L/P? I say call, call, call. If they give you greif, tell them your name is Michael Carbonare.

I say call, call, call. If they give you greif, tell them your name is Michael Carbonare.
Methinks our pilot is flying with a bent propeller blade this morning :o