The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
-Tony-

$125 bucks well spent

well seems like I am getting a few calls with my bandit signs, but the quality was better with my fliers. So I found a pro flier guy for a $125 bucks (negotiated down from $160) he will put out 2.5k fliers it took me hours to put out 150 with some local kids.

This guy has several churches, 18 store he has contracts with, will hits the shopping centers, malls, convention centers ect...they will be put out over the next 3 weeks. Next I think I will have him hang them on the doors in my target area.

Elections are gone and so are my b-signs(most of them). I still have some from almost 2 month ago. I will give ce 1 more week to get the election signs up and put some more out.

There was another guy that had some signs but I guess he gave up, he has 1 sign remaining

He found me from one of my fliers. called and left a voicemail....

So, what do you guys think is the best way to disperse fliers? I am looking for someone like the guy Tony has working for him. I am thinking of gathering all my family including children, nephews, brothers and sisters and their friends, drive them around town until we run out of fliers. Of course, paying fifteen people can get quite expensive, so I guess I will have to use my authority and demand that they do their good deed for the year.

I have my ad in the local thrifty nickel which was a very good price. I will place my ads for two weeks at a time just slightly adjusting it every two weeks, do this for about two months. I am looking at some billboards which cost 150.00 a month for a 16' by 8', but of course this is a little too much for my bones, but not bad if I could just afford it.

So, I have my ads, 1000 cards, 1000 fliers and 12 bandit signs. They should all be out by the end of the week.

Well, good luck all! I hope to return with some positive feedback.

Cruz or Brandon

I'll admit I am new at this, but so far I have had an ad in the paper for 10 days and had ONE call! I got one call from several flyers I put out. I have received over 15 calls in one week though from putting a sign on a big cross street near one of the houses that lead buyers to the house. I've had to fill my info-tube every day! So I may veer away from flyers and newspaper ads depending on the house. If you all care, the sign that is making all the difference is a 18 x 24 yellow coroplast sign with black letters that says" LEASE PURCHASE" with a big black arrow pointing to the house.

Signs are great for finding T/B's, but what do you do to find motivated sellers? My main concern is finding motivated sellers right now. I know in my area it wouldn't be very hard to find T/B's because I once ran a dummy ad and gots lots of calls which I added to my pool for later use.

Thanks for your info I hope to hear more!

Cruz or Brandon

Just an idea for finding a "flyer guy". Why not contact a group that is looking for an easy fundraiser like a local boy scout troop. Give them a stack of flyers, and tell them that if you deliver these flyers, just put them in peoples door, NOT in the mailbox (It's illegal) and when all the flyers are delivered, you will make a donation of $100 or whatever you decide to their troop. 10 guys each with 100 flyers should be able to have the job done in a couple of hours.

Courtney

10 guys each with 100 flyers should be able to have the job done in a couple of hours.

buy them a candy bar and soda before hand and they will be done in 10 minutes :D

Great idea guys!

We have some high schools that are raising money for their bands to go play in Florida at the Rose bowl or something and they would be great cannidates. I will hunt them down.

Thanks guys!

Cruz or Brandon

We have some high schools that are raising money for their bands to go play in Florida at the Rose bowl
Dang! Those bands must play awful loud. The Rose Bowl is in Pasadena, CA.

Ahem.....Courtney, excellent suggestion. Thank you.

Let's not forget all these possibilities:

1. Place a newspaper ad (major daily)

2. Place an ad in Pennysaver, Thrifty Nickel, Greensheet, etc.

3. Bandit signs

4. Drive neighborhoods looking for vacant houses and FSBO's

5. Call FSBO ads. Also call on month old, and older, FSBO ads. Time is a great motivator.

6. Search MLS for junker properties

7. Search MLS for expired listings

8. Contact landlords who are evicting a tenant

9. Contact landlords with properties for rent

10. Properties with outstanding building code violations

11. Properties with outstanding health code violations

12. Condemned properties

13. Fire damaged properties

14. Out of area owners

15. Network with professionals, i.e. attorney, accountant, Realtor.

16. Network with service people, i.e. letter carrier, pool service person, lawn service person, newspaper delivery person, carpet cleaning people, plumbers, etc.

17. Bird Dogs

18. Wholesalers

19. Magnetic car sign

20. Distribute business cards EVERYWHERE

21. Career attire (Polo shirt with embroidered "I Buy Houses" logo)

22. Fliers

23. Door hangers

24. Billboards, (or my mother in law's backside)

25. Radio ads

26. TV ads

27. Large Yellow Pages ad

28. Wherever your imagination and creativity takes you...........

Yes! they do play LOUD!!!, but not that loud. So, I messed that up. I guess I just wanted them to go to Florida instead. I rechecked and sure enough they are going to Ca., but whatever! Everyone got the message. :)

Cruz or Brandon

Cruz or Brandon,

Who cares about baseball anyway? :lol::lol::lol:

what about the banners you fly hanging behind planes....could you imagine a flight of F15 (fighter jets) flying around mach 1.5 with my we buy houses banner behind them :D;):lol:

what about the banners you fly hanging behind planes....could you imagine a flight of F15 (fighter jets) flying around mach 1.5 with my we buy houses banner behind them  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I'd go with the A10 Warthog, Tony. Lower and slower is the way to go for marketing purposes.