The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
prcullum

Putting a property under contract to flip

Hi all This is such a great board. Anyway could someone let me know what I need to do to flip a property to another investor. What kind of contract do I need to tie up the property from the seller. Then what do I need to do to get it over to the buyer for my profit. Another question what if the deal is not cash up front with the investor? And what if he needs to get a mortgage? How would I get my money then. Any feed back from u guy's would be great.

thanks pat

...could someone let me know what I need to do to flip a property to another investor. What kind of contract do I need to tie up the property from the seller.
Pat, you will need a contract to either lease with an option to purchase, a pure option, or a purchase agreement. All should allow you the right to assign your interest in the deal to a third party without requiring the seller's permission. You'll also need the timeframe with which to find your buyer to flip or assign the deal to.

When you are flipping these deals, generally what you are doing is selling your contract to a third party. You are not waiting for them to get their financing in place. They pay you an assignment fee, take over the deal, and you are out of the picture. What they do after that regarding financing isn't your concern.