The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Cold calling

For those here that have an established business name, when you all make cold calls, do you identify yourself as a company right away, or do you wait until you have gathered all of the information from a seller and then tell them you are a company?

I tell them upfront who I am and what I'm offering. I don't mind hearing, "No", if it's early in the process. Nothing worse than misleading the homeowner for 15 minutes, making small talk and gathering info, only to then sheepishly mention you aren't who you were pretending to be these past 15 minutes, and then being told "No!". Colossal waste of time and energy.

• Like 1

Not right off the bat. I know I lose interest as soon as I get any indication someone is trying to "sell me something" so I avoid things that cause that feeling.

I inquire into the property, then start offering services once I recognize there is a need for what I do.

I try to speak to other people's interests.

I once had a seller who was interested in working with me, until they researched my name in the state business records, and saw that I had a LLC for investing. She said she did not want to deal with investors.

FYI ... the house stayed empty for several months after that.

Lynn (FL)

I once had a seller who was interested in working with me, until they researched my name in the state business records, and saw that I had a LLC for investing. She said she did not want to deal with investors.

FYI ... the house stayed empty for several months after that.

Lynn (FL)

He sure showed you, didn't he :P

What are you saying when you call a seller? Are you basically using the same wordage as what's in MC's intro email: "I'm calling about your house for sale (or rent). Would you be interested in selling it with a lease option (or rent-to-own)?"

Lynn (FL)