The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
option8

Website Marketing

Wanting to use new technology to market my lease option services, I've made a list of what a well designed website should accomplish, considered the costs associated with developing one from scratch, researched some of the systems already available (plug and play) and came up with the following thoughts.

I'd like to hear feedback on the following:

Ideally my website would be 3 pronged:

1. Address each-motivated sellers, tenant buyers and referal partners

- present a clear marketing message to each group

- have Auto-responders so we could put followup marketing on auto-pilot

- elicit a response from each motivated group based on their needs and allow input from each group so we can captures all of the necessary property info on all 3 sides in database friendly format.

In other words

A. Elicit an emotional response from motivated sellers, make it easy them to enter their avaliable property details .

B. Show available houses to tenant buyers, allow them to tell us what they are looking for.

C. Allow our Referral network to enter leads

2. It would have to be submitted to and optimized for the search engines. (this is simply free web advertising!)

3. AND be reasonably priced! (although just one deal generated thru this means would pay for the service forever!)

I have heard that a website can wait until later, however, my feelings are that while I am developing my marketing materials, this passive system could be implemented immediately and be on all my business cards, signs, flyers, etc.

I have decided the following:

I know I can learn to design my website in house, however, my time and money are better spent finding deals and learning more about my new passion. I've searched the net and came up with a few services that do this. I am in the process of evaluating each based on the above criteria.

Have I missed anything...

Anyone else have any suggestions. After I finish my research, I would be happy to share my findings with anyone who wants the information.

Happy Investing

Option 8

Option8, I will agree that a good website is an effective marketing tool. However, as for securing that first deal or two, I must tell you that a website is not going to contribute to that goal at all. Keep the website idea going, but do so in the background. You need to concentrate on speaking with as many homeowners as possible right now. A great website will not influence them in the least as to whether or not they want to turn over control of their property to you.

You will sell the homeowner on doing business with you, not your high tech site.

I agree with you that this isn't going to get me my first deal or two.

I already have those in the works...from networking with people I know...I have located 3 highly motivated sellers. Getting my first 2 deals is a GIVEN! I am trying to "move on down the road" There is no room for failure!

My plan is to concurrently develop 5-6 sources of leads consistent, of which the website is one.

All of the other typical marketing tools will be in place with a website running along side. I particularly am interested in the listing features for properties that I want to move and in capturing potential tenants for occupying my properties.

I am looking to make an intelligent, well-thought out choice for a pre-fab website.

Thanks for your input.

Do you use a website for your investing activities?

option 8

Option8, I agree that a well designed website used in conjunction with other marketing techniques is a smart approach. I've said it before that a successful marketing plan requires diversity.

As for website design, my experience with the pre-fab sites and site design softeware is that they always look pre-fab. I tried that route first with this site and it looked like it was put together by some dope who knew nothing about building a website. How true :).

Learning from that experience I ended up having it built from scratch by a professional designer.

No, I do not use a site for my personal investing deals and activities. I may go that route in the future. But, for now, it has been an unnecessary use of my time to get wrapped up with another site when my experience has been the typical homeowner couldn't care less if I have a dynamic site with a creative logo. Their concern is always how can I help them. I'm a big believer in relational sales. In other words, I sell me to the homeowner, and the homeowner does the deal.

We got the website up and we are excited by initial results!

First, we chose a prefab site that allowed a great deal of customization.

The launch of the site was painless, although it forced us to think about things we had not considered.

We ordered and paid on Monday at 5:00pm

We we notified that the site was ready for our review at 8:30 Tuesday morning.

We reviewed the site, requested our changes Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning. The site finally went live at about 11:00 Wednesday morning.

Can you guess what happened!!!

When we checked email this morning, (Thursday) we had received our first motivated seller email containing the details about the property, motivation, mortgage info, etc. They found our site using a search engine and had visited at 10:00 Weds night. This is less than 12 hours after going live.

Seems like a good investment of 2 day's time to us...We couldn't possibly spend only $300.00 on any other marketing method (signs, ad's, flyers, business cards, phone calls, etc) , blanketing our entire marketing area and gotten a response so fast.

We are convinced that a broad market is missed by trying to re-invent the wheel (read website)! If our phones ring just a little bit more because of the technology, then I'm all for it. It's passive and requires no additional effort from us!

Check it out...by clicking Here. We'd appreciate your feedback.

inhighgear

Already a phone call? Congratulations on losing your virginity :) ! The site looks good. Better than I would have expected coming from one of those out of the box, build your own website programs. Good luck with it.

Actually, now it's two :) and it's only 5:00 pm on Thursday.

I have a marketing code to get $50.00 off the initial setup fee if anyone is interested. email me ihg@ameritech.net

Happy SUCCESSFUL Investing to all...

I'm one happy camper :)

inhighgear