The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
JPatt31

Recording Phone calls

Hey all!

Question:

Im wanting to record my phone calls with sellers to critique myself. Anyone using a phone recording system compatible with Mac?

Thanks

Hey all!

Question:

Im wanting to record my phone calls with sellers to critique myself. Anyone using a phone recording system compatible with Mac?

Thanks

Don't know about the recording system, but you need to be careful. In Oklahoma, you can record any conversation that you are a party to. However, in other states, you can only record a conversation if you announce to the other party that you would like to record it and get their permission to do so. Make sure you know what your particular state's law is before you go down this road as there can be both civil and criminal penalties.

Hey all!

Question:

Thanks

Don't know about the recording system, but you need to be careful. In Oklahoma, you can record any conversation that you are a party to. However, in other states, you can only record a conversation if you announce to the other party that you would like to record it and get their permission to do so. Make sure you know what your particular state's law is before you go down this road as there can be both civil and criminal penalties.

My state's a 1-party consent and it's business related. Thanks .

With some VOIP services (I use tossable digits) you can set it so that it records the calls and you can download them later. If you want/need it to disclose that the call is being recorded, you can set it up to play a quick message at the beginning of the phone call.

Hi JPatt31,

I utilize Windows and Skype and use the free MP3 Skype Recorder (http://voipcallrecording.com/) for recording calls and it works great. I've also used the free version of the PrettyMay Call Recorder with good results. The downside is that you have to have a Skype account to use these. I didn't have much luck finding a call recorder for my regular mobile phone. A Virtual Assistant that I recently used referred the MP3 Skype Recorder to me and I'm glad they did! Unfortunately these two recorders aren't compatible with Mac (at least not yet), but I'm sure there are others out there that are...

Hope that helps!

~Adam

I utilize Windows and Skype and use the free MP3 Skype Recorder (http://voipcallrecording.com/) for recording calls and it works great. I've also used the free version of the PrettyMay Call Recorder with good results. This is good Adam. I will check this out.

As for me, I do have a skype account and I use www.Pamela.com. They have a free service and it records up to 15 minutes (with the free service). The one thing that annoys me is that it automatically records EVERY call you make on skype - even to your mother, which isn't always that needed, appreciated or wanted. But, for free ... who am I to argue?

Hope this helps.

Andrew