The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pilot76180

Great video of Rand Paul talking toilets and light bulbs..

That was great! I like the Paul, too, but he won't ever gain any traction because the media trivializes him with their "right wing conservative" label.

Well...here comes this topic at the corner bar again....I replaced our old ceiling fan with a new one, and when I picked out the new one, I made certain the light kit had 4 lights on it because we have a big living area and it can get dark without enough lights on the fan. So I get one and install it, and go to put the light kit on..and I see the little bulb screw ins are for bs tiny miny bulbs...I jacked with it to see if I could take those out and put in real bulbs, and there is a notice on the kit..."Federal law requires fan light kits not to function with more than 190 total watts....well...I wanted 4 60 watt bulbs...I now have 4 40 watt bulbs...I ranted about how dark it was going to be with the government approved light kit, and my wife said, "we can just get some lamps to put in the room"...exactly!! See..when the government reduces the bulbs to 4 0 watts...you see what we have to do? GET MORE LAMPS!! which means.. we're not saving electricity...we're just buying more lamps ....made in CHina....

Well...here comes this topic at the corner bar again....I replaced our old ceiling fan with a new one, and when I picked out the new one, I made certain the light kit had 4 lights on it because we have a big living area and it can get dark without enough lights on the fan. So I get one and install it, and go to put the light kit on..and I see the little bulb screw ins are for bs tiny miny bulbs...I jacked with it to see if I could take those out and put in real bulbs, and there is a notice on the kit..."Federal law requires fan light kits not to function with more than 190 total watts....well...I wanted 4 60 watt bulbs...I now have 4 40 watt bulbs...I ranted about how dark it was going to be with the government approved light kit, and my wife said, "we can just get some lamps to put in the room"...exactly!! See..when the government reduces the bulbs to 4 0 watts...you see what we have to do? GET MORE LAMPS!! which means.. we're not saving electricity...we're just buying more lamps ....made in CHina....

But at least it looks good on paper :P

I don't know who to be pissed at...the congressmen that approved this, or me for not getting in on the free money opportunity that the government offers.

For $2,600,000.00 I could explain to congress that the studies show that Chinese whores engage in odd sexual acts when they are drunk because their brains are numb.

Now....where's my check?

When I remove the government controller from my fan I'll post a picture here.

For $2,600,000.00 I could explain to congress that the studies show that Chinese whores engage in odd sexual acts when they are drunk because their brains are numb.

I bet :P

I assure you that wasteful projects such as this are just the tip of the iceberg of government waste. The amount of bureaucratic BS is mind boggling, followed by cries to further tax the successful who aren't paying "their fare share". :rolleyes:

I have an idea. . .how about a government funded study to determine if there is govenrment waste? $8M to get it started ought to do it.

I assure you that wasteful projects such as this are just the tip of the iceberg of government waste. The amount of bureaucratic BS is mind boggling, followed by cries to further tax the successful who aren't paying "their fare share". :rolleyes:

I have an idea. . .how about a government funded study to determine if there is govenrment waste? $8M to get it started ought to do it.

Shhhhh! They might hear you!

Here is a picture of the government controlled current limiting device that I cut out of the fan. It has a relay that cuts the power off to the light kit if it exceeds 190 watts.

I cut it out and straight wired the power to the light kit..I'm now running at 240 watts of pure untethered power baby!! I assume I am now guilty of a federal crime? :ninja:

OK...apparently I don't know how to upload a file to the new forum...uuuhh...little help here moderator....

I've noticed when you run that damn fan and the gaudy arcade-like lights dispay you installed, my lights here in Florida flicker.

I have forwarded this thread and the offending photo to the proper authorities.

Here is a picture of the government controlled current limiting device that I cut out of the fan. It has a relay that cuts the power off to the light kit if it exceeds 190 watts.

I cut it out and straight wired the power to the light kit..I'm now running at 240 watts of pure untethered power baby!! I assume I am now guilty of a federal crime? :ninja:

OK...apparently I don't know how to upload a file to the new forum...uuuhh...little help here moderator....

Ha! Just like a real estate investor.