The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
shell1ton

Advice on establing credit for an LLC?

I would like to be able to finance properties through my LLC.

I was wondering what methods we can use to help our LLC's establish a credit record?

I have gotten several offers for business credit accounts, I guess that's something I should quit automatically feeding to the shredder. :blush:

Anyone else got any tips or tricks they would like to share?

You are right, stop shredding the credit card offers. It’s going to take time to build up your LLC credit but you can start by opening a checking account in your LLC name, opening two credit cards and even a gas card. Don’t be afraid to use these cards. Remember, you are starting fresh so you need to show the cards being actively used and paid off (always pay more than the minimum).

Secondly, not only is opening a couple CC’s under your LLC good for the LLC credit, its also good for you personally because these CC’s do NOT appear on your personal credit. Which means you can transfer any debt on your personal side to your LLC which will in return make your personal credit report look better :rolleyes: Good luck…

Only use 30% of cards credit. Get that gas card to. Also go to the REI club has a good audio on credit.

I AM A FINANCIAL CONSULTANT I DON'T GIVE LEGAL ADVISE HOW EVER I CAN PUT YOU IN TOUCH WITH A LENDER THAT GIVES BUSINESS LINES OF CREDIT TO CORPORATIONS AND BUILDS YOU YOUR CREDIT FOR CORPORATE INVESTING I KNOW HOW TO BUILD CORPORATE CREDIT IF INTERESTED SEND TO ME A SEPERATE E MAIL FOR THE DETAILS