The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Addressing Postcards

Do you all put the owners name(s), or something like Homeowner, Current Resident, etc.

Obviously you should check to see if the owner resides at the address and not out-of-area. For these out- of-area owners, I could see making a specially worded postcard indicating which property you are interested in and then sending to their out-of-area address.

But with the owners that live at the address, then I am thinking Homeowner, etc. would be quicker. I am also thinking of doing a postcard similar to my flyers that are double sided.

I have done a quick trial sample. The postcard would have on one side wording for the homeowner, and on the other side something for possible renters.

front and back.pdf

Any ideas/input appreciated.

• Like 1

I like it, Erik. I'm a believer in keeping things simple. When I read your postcard, both sides hit me over the head with what you're offering and the advantages. If I'm the homeowner or the tenant and I received your card at a time when I am looking to liquidate or to become a homeowner, I think I would be curious and contact you.

Erik,

Looks cool. I'd like to have a Word version so I can use it myself.

Are you mailing these via Click2Mail? If so, you can merge the homeowners name and address onto your card. Instead of having "Dear Homeowner", you can have "Dear Mr. Smith" or "Dear Joe".

If you're printing them yourself, then it's hard to merge names on both sides of the card. You could leave the main side like you have it, and just print the owners name and address on the stamped side.

Lynn (FL)

Erik,

Looks cool. I'd like to have a Word version so I can use it myself.

Are you mailing these via Click2Mail? If so, you can merge the homeowners name and address onto your card. Instead of having "Dear Homeowner", you can have "Dear Mr. Smith" or "Dear Joe".

If you're printing them yourself, then it's hard to merge names on both sides of the card. You could leave the main side like you have it, and just print the owners name and address on the stamped side.

Lynn (FL)

Lynn,

I have been using Microsoft Publisher. I have found the layout much easier than Word.