The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Joseph44

Auto Lettering

Hi everyone,

Question: I have business lettering on my Expedition. Does anyone know how and what I must do to claim this on income tax? Thanks, and have a good day!!

Here's my understanding: I believe you can deduct the cost of getting the lettering done as it's an advertising expense, but it doesn't make all of your vehicles' mileage deductable as advertising. It's still only the mileage you incur in your normal business practices (meetings with sellers/tb's, viewing properties,etc.). Hopefully that helps until our resident tax pro can chime in.

Hi Brian,

GO STEELERS Thanks for your responce Brian.It sounds logical

I think what I'll do is contact the IRS just had that brainstorm before

the b/s I had a seniors moment.Hey what ever I find out I'll post it for

everyone.Hey bub maybe we will get there next year.Yoy can't take it away from N/E they came to play we didn't.Thanks and have a good day!!

True. There were a lot of mistakes in the game and everytime we started to get some momentum, NE threw ice on it. I really don't like NE in general though. Boring if you ask me. GO EAGLES!

I concur with Brian. The cost of lettering, or the cost of a magnetic sign, is a legitimate business deduction.

While you now have a rolling billboard, your vehicle mileage is not an advertising expense if the purpose of the trip is personal.