The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Gary (MO)

Doorhangers

Hey, does anyone remember....? Was it Gene or Pete or perhaps someone else that had the doorhanger thing going on awhile back?

What I'd really like to know is how effective the campaign turned out for them? Additionally, if it worked well, what exactly did they use as far as wording.

I've got a kid in college with some spare time in KC - and I'm thinking I could put her to work.

I'm also wondering if this would replace flyers in neighborhoods? (Or even if it really matters which one you use?)

Gary

Gary,

How are those St. Louis Cardinals doing? :D

Sorry. I needed to get my "rub" in while I still could. We still haven't eliminated the curse, but it sure feels good going to St. Louie up by 2.

Signed, :)

A hopelessly devoted (and many years frustrated) Red Sox Fan :ph34r:

Gary:

Sorry, it wasn't me. Mr. Saint did a post not to long ago about using door hangers and he provided a link to the web site where he buys his. Just do a search on door hangers.

Hope this helps.

Gene

Thanks Gene - I'll check that out! Now that you mention it, it does seem like it was Mr. Saint with the doorhangers....

Hey Sold! Naw...........GO CARDINALS!!!! (Have ya seen my avatar?) :D

Gary

I've got a kid in college with some spare time in KC - and I'm thinking I could put her to work.
I like that idea! Is Dad footing the bill? Then a little pavement pounding isn't an unreasonable request. Way to go, Dad! :lol:
I'm also wondering if this would replace flyers in neighborhoods? (Or even if it really matters which one you use?)
Seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other, to me. The whole point is to let the neighborhood homeowners know what you do and where to reach you. Door hangers is one more way to do that.
...........GO CARDINALS!!!! (Have ya seen my avatar?)  :lol:
Yes, I have. But things aren't going the RedBirds way at the moment..........much to my dismay. As a Yankees fan, it hurts me to think that one of baseball's greatest legends, The Curse of the Bambino, is about to be broken. :ph34r:

As a Yankees fan, it hurts me to think that one of baseball's greatest legends, The Curse of the Bambino, is about to be broken. 

Not me !

But, I am a Red Sox fan, through and through. Therefore, I am used to disappointments and curses. It ain't over til the Fat Lady sings. Granted, she is warming up her voice right now. But, I have seen it all fall apart when everything seemed in the bag, so to speak. I'd love to see the Cards win the next 2 so we could break the curse at Fenway........a fitting end to 86 years of frustration.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread........ :lol:

Uh .. NO Yankees, money can NOT buy everything can it? :lol:

Come on BOSTON Bring it home baby :lol:

Uh .. NO Yankees, money can NOT buy everything can it?  :wub:

Come on BOSTON  Bring it home baby  :unsure:

Uh, apparently it can. The Red Sox payroll ain't exactly small potatoes. How do you spell Curt $hilling? Like it or not, sports on the collegiate and professional level is all about profits and promotion. Spend freely and spend wisely and success often follows. The Yankees weakness this year has been starting pitching. I fully expect Steinbrenner to go out in the offseason and address that issue. He didn't make the rules. He just plays the game better than all the other owners.

Uh, apparently it can.  The Red Sox payroll ain't exactly small potatoes.

But sweetheart, the yankee's payroll is an even bigger potatoe by far :unsure:

Of course every team has a weakness at one time or another, but no matter how u look at it, the reality is now a fact!

So now why don't you be a good boy and come and sit on mama's lap :lol:

Hey Craig,

Thanks, you made my day :wub:

So now why don't you be a good boy and come and sit on mama's lap  :D
:wub: How did you know I was a lap dancer at bachelorette parties in a previous life? :lol:
Hey Craig,

Thanks, you made my day  :unsure:

Really? How? He's not even in this thread. Something you care to share, mi bruha? :)

Now who's begging for spell check Hop on over here

For the love of ME, please give Tony his Toy! :huh::lol:

BTW: Tip for those who've not yet tried this when marketing for TB's...

I tried a search on yahoo and all other search engines for "Rent To Own Wanted.." and found thousands, so I called those local people and emailed some and is an excellent tool to getting TB'rs... I got 4 pre-qualified prospects so far in less than an hour to view my pricy properties :wacko: so try it, you'll like it.

Now who's begging for spell check Hop on over here

For the love of ME, please give Tony his Toy! :huh::lol:

BTW: Tip for those who've not yet tried this when marketing for TB's...

I tried a search on yahoo and all other search engines for "Rent To Own Wanted.." and found thousands, so I called those local people and emailed some and is an excellent tool to getting TB'rs... I got 4 pre-qualified prospects so far in less than an hour to view my pricy properties :wacko: so try it, you'll like it.

Hey Bev,

What's your "script" with the TB's? How do you normally start off the conversation?

Thanks,

Akin

Hey Bev,

What's your "script" with the TB's?  How do you normally start off the conversation? 

Thanks,

Akin

I just ask them if they're still looking for a Rent To Own home and most likely they'll say "Yes" (no matter how old is the ad).. that's when I tell them that I have several properties available in the areas they're looking for, at this point they always ask me to explain how the Rent To Own works... so I do exactly just that.

I of course ask for all the important details from them like down payment amount, rent, deposit and price of home at time of purchase. If those numbers works for them then we make an appt to view the property :blink:

I will call this post "LIFE OF AN OPTION"

ACT 1 THE INFANT STAGE

AN OPTIONEE IS kidda like a small child in a candy store with there hands held out. They don't know what they are getting but they know it must be good.

ACT 2 ADOLESENCE (DARN SPELL CHECK) I MEAN TEEN YEARS

Same as when they get older, they don't care what it cost but they know they want it.

ACT 3 MIDDLE AGE

If I knew then what I know now, or the shoulda coulda woulda stage.

ACT 4 RETIREMENT

Oh your going to be the new t/b, you know back when I was a young T/b I squandered my chances to own this house. It all started back in......

Still on spell chek