The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lhenley

Door Knocking

Is anyone knocking on the door of FSBO's and/or MLS listed properties, and talking directly to the owner? With the listed properties, you may have to approach it with "I see you're home is listed, and I wish you the best of luck, but if it doesn't work out for you, here's my information (brochure, flyer, etc)."

What do you think of doing this? I know the best time to catch people at home would be late afternoon and weekends, but this way you're actually talking to the owner directly.

Lynn (FL)

I think my opening line would be:

"I am not an encyclopedia salesman or a Jehovah’s Witness and I don’t do vacuums. I want to buy your house."

• Like 1

The problem this poses for me, Lynn, is the consumption of time. How many doors can you knock on in any given afternoon?

I pulled a list of MLS listed properties, and took the time to run the address thru the county tax records. Of those, 48% of the properties are owned by absentee owners. In other words, IF I mail or hand-deliver information directly to the property, almost half of them will most likely NOT be received by the actual homeowner.

With this information, if I choose to do "door knocking", I can target just the ones that are owner-occupied, and mail to the others.

Lynn (FL)
  • Like 1

I pulled a list of MLS listed properties, and took the time to run the address thru the county tax records. Of those, 48% of the properties are owned by absentee owners. In other words, IF I mail or hand-deliver information directly to the property, almost half of them will most likely NOT be received by the actual homeowner.
With this information, if I choose to do "door knocking", I can target just the ones that are owner-occupied, and mail to the others.
Lynn (FL)

Or do a double sided flyer with one side homeowner & the other side renters. That way you can see if the renters are interested in buying.

Or do a double sided flyer with one side homeowner & the other side renters. That way you can see if the renters are interested in buying.

ErikOk. . . Smarter and shrewder. :P

Huuummmmmm.....how can I beat that? :wacko:

Lynn (FL)

I guess you'll have to kick it up a notch to smarterer and shrewderer.