The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Propertymagnets

Pure Option Strategy or Other...

Recently a motivated t/b has come into my life. He recently had his home sold in a short sale. He is looking to lease / rent to own a home. He asked me to assist and I am. Over the past month I have talked to an uncounted number of sellers to no avail. Today he found a Rent-to-Own (R2O) company that is advertising a home he is interested in getting. He called me and asked me to get it for him.

My question is "what strategy do I use with the R2O company that is advertising the property. Price $229000 / 4br/2bath - 1420 sq.ft. Zero down lease options available, all offers are considered lease option also.

He doesn't need me to do this deal, however did call me and ask me to "get it for him". How do I approach the R2O company so I can get some cash out of this, maybe 1% of the purchase price.

All thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. Also time os of the essence.

Charles

Recently a motivated t/b has come into my life. He recently had his home sold in a short sale. He is looking to lease / rent to own a home. He asked me to assist and I am. Over the past month I have talked to an uncounted number of sellers to no avail. Today he found a Rent-to-Own (R2O) company that is advertising a home he is interested in getting. He called me and asked me to get it for him.

My question is "what strategy do I use with the R2O company that is advertising the property. Price $229000 / 4br/2bath - 1420 sq.ft. Zero down lease options available, all offers are considered lease option also.

He doesn't need me to do this deal, however did call me and ask me to "get it for him". How do I approach the R2O company so I can get some cash out of this, maybe 1% of the purchase price.

All thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. Also time os of the essence.

Charles

Is this RTO company a brokerage or property management company? Or is it an investor? If it's an investor, possibly you could get paid for marketing using some sort of Joint Venture agreement.

Charles,

i agree with Erik about finding out who the R2O company is; I mean, I am a R2O company---of one :lol: If someone called me and said "Hey I have a t/b for your prop" I'd be glad to cut him/her some commish oops I mean consideration.

Make sure to maintain you t/bs confidence in you being the hero in the deal----heh, can't hurt while you work out the details ;)

Charles, good advice has already come your way. But what the hell, it's my board and I'll throw my two cents into the mix. . .

Call the company to find out who they are. Be honest and tell them you are an investor and work these lease purchase deals yourself. Explain that you have a t/b in hand who is interested in one of their properties. Ask how you can work together. If they are smart they'll work with you and you'll make something for being so smart. ^_^

And wonderful MC, we LOVE your 2 cents----it just puts the Good House Keeping seal of approval on it all :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok for those youngsters in the group you wouldn't know wth that means.

No, wait . . . I don't know wth it means. Some mag from back in the 50s said whether something was deemed good or not. I guess today it would be like a consumers report seal of approval.

OMG!!! My age and ADD is showing. The point I was TRYING :glare: to make was it's nice to know what Coach thinks from his years in the game. ;)

Thanks for the butt-kick MC. I will call and get back to all with the results.