The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
verbatim

when you advertise on Zillow

I have been advertising in the rental section, but I'm rethinking that strategy.

do you advertise in the rental or for sale section? Do you have a preference and if so why?

Looking for feedback from the masters!

Thanks

verb, I assume you mean advertise a house that you are trying to find a t/b for? Personally, I have never tried Zillow to market for t/b's. How effective has that been?

When I advertise on Craig's List, Backpage, and EBay Classifieds, I place ads in both For Sale and For Rent. Why not? The cost is $0.

I do the same as MC, I get more response from For Rent. How is Zillow? I'm curious to know too.

I get a few inquiries from zillow daily but most are looking ot rent and do not have anywhere close to a 3% option consideration, as they are only looking to rent. Maybe i'd have better success in the for sale section???

I use postlets which posts to zillow ans many other sites automatically for me at no cost. You can choose whether you want it to be listed as for sale/rent when you make the postlet.

• Like 1

The ghosting issue has become a problem for me, as well. I'm surprised, because this is the first time Craig's List has done this, and I don't think I've changed my use patterns. I've rewritten my ads, tried different email addresses, even tried a different computer and IP address. For the most part I remain invisible.

I've had the same ghosting issues with CL. If you have a .html link or even specific words used over and over it seems like CL picks it up and will ghost the ad. Or, if your ads get deleted by others or posting several times a week it seems like this will set you up for ghosting as well.

It sucks.

So how do we fix this problem, I paid for an ad on rental house.com and paid for the premium ad and was told it would be on top pages.

Its on backpage, ebay classifieds

I put up bandit signs and they get taken down in this area...

Craigslist is pretty popular here but can't get my ad up, tried different emails, computers...everything but won't post it.

Any advice

I have had plenty of ads flagged and removed but have not been "ghosted." I have experimented a little bit to see what gets flagged and what does not, mostly you cannot post the same exact ad every so often, use the same property address in the description, etc. Take a read through the rules on the Craigslist site that describe what will be removed:

• companies that charge ANY fee before seekers can access full property listing details must post in 'apts registration fee'.
  • each ad must be for a specific available unit
  • multiple units in same building for same price can be listed in the same ad
  • please remove ads promptly when unit advertised is taken
  • bait and switch tactics are strictly forbidden
  • include name of company (or broker) you work for, with name, company name, telephone, etc in text form, not as an image
  • use the same email address and phone number consistently
  • use your agency's Internet domain for email if you're at an agency
  • small unobtrusive text link(s) placed near bottom of ad linking to your other ads on craigslist, listing details, or to your company site are ok, as long as full listing details are included in the main body of the ad
  • detail each and every type of fee that could be required, including credit checks, application fees, registration fees, etc
  • if tenant will have to pay more than $250 total for application, credit check, and other fees, post in 'broker fee'
  • if you charge a 'low' or 'negotiable' fee, post in 'broker fee'
  • if you are not a broker or agent, but you represent more than one owner, post in one of the broker categories.
  • paying customers (nyc) can apply for an account and/or contact our billing department at billing@craigslist.org or 800-664-0633
  • paid ads must be purchased directly from craigslist, no transfer or resale is permitted

You may need to wait a few days or even a week before posting again to let CL computer to clear. Then make a very simple post maybe once a week and build from there. Totally change your Heading and the format of your ad to be completely different. Do not do the phone verify at the start. Change 'rent to own' to 'lease to own'. I used to use Rent-To-Own! and it became like a logo in all my headings and ads and then it got picked up and I would be ghosted. If you use the 'For Sale' page on CL use instead the 'For Rent' page for a while. I did discover that with the start of a New Year the slate is cleaned.

Put your signs up high on telephone poles that are hard to reach; or across the street with an arrow; or place a sign in a place that takes more effort to get to by foot.

For whatever reasons, CL hasn't ghosted my past few ads that I put out over the weekend. Same ads, same wording, just sat on them for about two weeks and let things cool.