The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
CS1977

Help--pennysaver ad question

Hi everyone, I know this isn't earth-shatteringly important, but please advise what you think...my main thing is--should I add something in there about "no cost" or "no fees" or "0% commission?" I have to get this back to them soon....it can only be 5 lines.

This ad is going to run for 6 mos. in 3 regions of my (very large) county, and I want to make sure I am maximizing the effect...thanks :P

Company Seeks

Homes in this Area

for Lease Purchase.

Call Christine

856-559-0209

Hey C,

I like the ad as-is. Simple, direct, and to the point. Nice.

Care if I steal it? :P

As a rei guy, I'm aware of what you're trying to accomplish with the "no cost" or "no fees" or "0% commission" part. Do you think homeowners would think you're an agent by using the word "commission"?

Some are turned away from doing business with agents.

Something I've used in my marketing is "No Cost to You"

Is this ad geared for CAs or CAs/and/or sandwich LOs?

If just for CAs, how about your 1st line reading something along the lines of: $Top Dollar$... to catch attention. Our bud, puls1234 (Pete), uses something like "....full asking price...." or something like that for his CA deals.

You stated that you can only have 5 lines, yes?

Don't ya already have that taken care of with what you currently have?

I mean, would anymore verbiage be able to fit in your ad if'n you were

to put something else in?

Good luck!

Thanks pumpkin :P

Lol, steal it if u want, I think I stole it from someone else on here! I am looking to do slo's and ca's so yeah, i think i will leave it as is....and no more room for anything anyway.

Thanks pumpkin

:P

Hope everything goes well C.

Christine, a few tweaks you might consider. . .

You might change "Company" to "Family". My reason being that as I read the ad I assume the writer, the company, is a realty office. That may, or may not, be offputting to some folks. Your call.

A minor thing, very minor, is to eliminate the word "this" on the second line. Maybe even "this area". Again, I'm going to assume anyone reading that paper is from "this area" anyway. And since you are working with limited space to write your ad, you'll want to save space anyway you can. No?

If you are going to stay with "Company", then you might want to consider the addition of "No closing costs", "No commissions", etc.

Christine, as you know or will soon find out, marketing is a trial by error process. You'll need to track carefully what is working and what isn't. Sometimes the only way to know if an idea is a dog or a gold mine is to run with it and check the results. Eventually, you begin to know what works for you, in your area, in your budget. So go with whatever you finally decide. And I assume that you can always tweak your ad six weeks in if, for example, it isn't pulling as well as you would expect. No matter. Any marketing is better than no marketing.

Our bud, puls1234 (Pete), uses something like "....full asking price...." or something like that for his CA deals.
Pete uses the phrase "We Buy Homes Above Market Price" in his marketing. He tells me this consistently gets the phone ringing and deals done.
Thanks pumpkin :)
:P Must be Jason's avatar. I knew that outift would be killer with the ladies.

Awesome advice Mikey boy!

Thanks pumpkin

Must be Jason's avatar. I knew that outift would be killer with the ladies.

My future kids-to-be thanks you Michael.

:P

Hi everyone, I know this isn't earth-shatteringly important, but please advise what you think...my main thing is--should I add something in there about "no cost" or "no fees" or "0% commission?" I have to get this back to them soon....it can only be 5 lines.

This ad is going to run for 6 mos. in 3 regions of my (very large) county, and I want to make sure I am maximizing the effect...thanks :wacko:

Company Seeks

Homes in this Area

for Lease Purchase.

Call Christine

856-559-0209

Hi Christine, I was just wondering if you could post an update on your Pennysaver ad? Which ad did you finally run and how did it work? thanks....Steve

Our bud, puls1234 (Pete), uses something like "....full asking price...." or something like that for his CA deals.
Pete uses the phrase "We Buy Homes Above Market Price" in his marketing. He tells me this consistently gets the phone ringing and deals done.

Pete uses the phrase "We Buy Homes Above Market Price" in his marketing. He tells me this consistently gets the phone ringing and deals done.QUOTE

Michael, I am little confused.

I can see how Pete USED this verbage in his marketing material awhile back, however, with prices on the decline (and for how long or how much further) how can you continue with those words when you don't know how much the home will actually be worth in a year or so. What if it is way, way lower than it is today (which is a real possibility) and then when it comes time for the buyer to buy he says forget it, it is not worth it. So, I'll lose my deposit, I'll be ahead in the long run.

Then you have the poor homeowner (probably knowing that their house will be worth less, but will get their price anyway) is now left holding the bag who REALLY NEEDED to sell so agreed to go along with a C.A. or a SLO.

To me this seems a bit unethical, don't you think?

I am only posing this question, as I would love to advertise this way too, but not by deceiving people along the way. So, I get my fee so what, who cares, I'm out of the deal now. But, what about the seller and buyer. They are the ones that get shafted!

Please, please correct me if I am way off base here, as I'm not trying to offend, just trying to understand. Hence me stating, I'm a little confused!

Cheers,

WCG

WCG, you're not off base at all. And actually, I'm glad you raised the questions. They make for an interesting discussion.

I can see how Pete USED this verbage in his marketing material awhile back, however, with prices on the decline (and for how long or how much further) how can you continue with those words when you don't know how much the home will actually be worth in a year or so.
You can always pay top dollar for a property. It doesn't matter if the market is declining. The price you're paying now may be lower than it was last year due to a softening, but you can still pay top dollar for the property at this time. I see nothing wrong or misleading with that ad.
What if it is way, way lower than it is today (which is a real possibility) and then when it comes time for the buyer to buy he says forget it, it is not worth it.
That is the chance every one of us takes whenever we purchase a property. Couldn't you ask the same question of a buyer who is buying today? And what about the other possibility? What if the market accelerates unexpectedly and the house in now worth $50K more than expected? Should the optionee feel guilty?
Then you have the poor homeowner (probably knowing that their house will be worth less, but will get their price anyway) is now left holding the bag who REALLY NEEDED to sell so agreed to go along with a C.A. or a SLO.
Full disclosure. I tell every homeowner, very clearly, that we are engaging in an option to purchase. It is not a guaranteed sale. I tell them that if they absolutely must have a sale at some point during this deal, then this deal isn't for them. If, after that, they agree, let the deal play out and we accept the end result.

Bottom line: I see nothing unethical in how I run my business. I don't mislead anyone, and I answer all questions honestly. In fact, I will bring up the questions they should have if they haven't already asked them. I treat everyone involved as the adults they are.

Your concerns are admirable, but don't let them stop you from making an honest profit.

WCG, you're not off base at all. And actually, I'm glad you raised the questions. They make for an interesting discussion.
I can see how Pete USED this verbage in his marketing material awhile back, however, with prices on the decline (and for how long or how much further) how can you continue with those words when you don't know how much the home will actually be worth in a year or so.
You can always pay top dollar for a property. It doesn't matter if the market is declining. The price you're paying now may be lower than it was last year due to a softening, but you can still pay top dollar for the property at this time. I see nothing wrong or misleading with that ad.
What if it is way, way lower than it is today (which is a real possibility) and then when it comes time for the buyer to buy he says forget it, it is not worth it.
That is the chance every one of us takes whenever we purchase a property. Couldn't you ask the same question of a buyer who is buying today? And what about the other possibility? What if the market accelerates unexpectedly and the house in now worth $50K more than expected? Should the optionee feel guilty?
Full disclosure. I tell every homeowner, very clearly, that we are engaging in an option to purchase. It is not a guaranteed sale. I tell them that if they absolutely must have a sale at some point during this deal, then this deal isn't for them. If, after that, they agree, let the deal play out and we accept the end result.

Bottom line: I see nothing unethical in how I run my business. I don't mislead anyone, and I answer all questions honestly. In fact, I will bring up the questions they should have if they haven't already asked them. I treat everyone involved as the adults they are.

Your concerns are admirable, but don't let them stop you from making an honest profit.

PHEW!!!!!!

I feel SO MUCH better now.

Thanks for clarifying things up for me. Ya know, I can always count on your honesty and integrity which is extremely important to me.

I also really appreciate that you took my post for what it was -- honesty & integrity over GREED (as it will always bite in the ass if you're not truthful & upfront from the start)!

Yah, I know how sellers felt in our rising market. That's EXACTLY why they didn't want to do a L/O with me. Why would they. They knew that their home may only be worth $350,000 today, but in two years it would be worth well over $600,000 (which is EXACTLY what has happened). Again in this scenario, I would have felt BAD for the homeowners knowing that they would get shafted by an insane market run up (like double)!

Anyway, I guess I shouldn't feel too sorry for them now because I think that GREED has clouded some people's perspective these days. Like hell, things can't go up in double digits forever!

Now that we are in a "balanced" market, perhaps I will be able to make some deals happen! :wacko:

Cheers,

WCG

Jean, you know you don't HAVE to have a fixed option price. When things were really hot here we were selling houses for the GREATER of either $X (which was more than we thought the house would be worth at the end of the option) or the average of the last 3 comparable sales minus the buyer's accumulated credits.

That protected us (or our CA sellers) just in case the market got out of hand. But also protected us in the event of an unexpected downturn.

If the market did go down we could always cut our buyers a break.

Jean, you know you don't HAVE to have a fixed option price. When things were really hot here we were selling houses for the GREATER of either $X (which was more than we thought the house would be worth at the end of the option) or the average of the last 3 comparable sales minus the buyer's accumulated credits.

That protected us (or our CA sellers) just in case the market got out of hand. But also protected us in the event of an unexpected downturn.

If the market did go down we could always cut our buyers a break.

Actually, Doug, no, I didn't know that that was possible or legal. All the info I have studied has said that you had to have a "fixed option price" in place when the agreements are being signed by all the parties.

I even asked the Oz about what would happen if the market took a down turn on the buyers and the property is less in a few years. And he said, "Oh well, it can go either way, for either party. Just, like the Seller could lose when in a heavily appreciated time like we are in now. That's the risk people take when entering into a L/O.

He always talks about transactions being a win/win situation, however, the only one who ever wins is him.

So, now, I'm really confused, Doug!

Geez, thanks!

WCG

LOL not sure if I can help eleviate your confusion or not...

YES it can be done and YES it is legal. As long as both parties are over 18, sober, mentally capable, and there is no violation of existing laws... then you can agree to anything.

Seller's already take the risk of damage and not getting paid out. They shouldn't also have to take on price risk.

LOL not sure if I can help eleviate your confusion or not...

YES it can be done and YES it is legal. As long as both parties are over 18, sober, mentally capable, and there is no violation of existing laws... then you can agree to anything.

Seller's already take the risk of damage and not getting paid out. They shouldn't also have to take on price risk.

Funny guy, you are!

However, I also think that we are talking about two very different beasts! A Pure Option vs. A Lease Option / C.A.!

I realize most of what you've written above (pun and all) and the fact that YOU'RE writing this at 1:30 a.m. -- so how sober are you?), however, doesn't SOMEONE have to take a risk in all this? (a L/O that is)! A Pure Option is a no-brainer! Of course you can "change" and alter those numbers to suit you / your buyer's price with a Pure Option! However, UNLESS you've secured yourself a phenomenal deal with a L/O / C.A. deal (like way BELOW FMV) their ain't much you can do without YOU losing money!

HOWEVER, with a Lease Option, Like isn't there REALLY a WINNER OR a LOSER?

Like I said, with the information that I have on hand, is all the "correct" information that I have! Hence, me not being able to do this type of transaction which = ME THE POOR SUCKER!

P.S. I do have to admit (shame on me, I know, but I suppose if I had purchased Michael's course, I wouldn't have this confusion).

But, hey, I'm a broke sucker whose already spent thousands (literally) on other people's crap and mentorship programs who were also a waste of ...............................

People take note. Buy Michael's course. I'm going to foregoe eating for a few days now so that I can. I believe it will be well worth it since I don't seem to know anything based on what Doug has pointed out to me!

Thanks Doug!

P.S.S. However, there are other areas that I'm more versed in, so, I guess it's not all that bad! And no, I'm not that broke, just tired of paying for half ass crap!

WCG

Does being up at 1:30am with the flu equate with being intoxicated? Not sure, ok you might want to take my words from last night with a pinch of salt. But this morning upon review I stand by them!

Oh and yes I was talking exclusively about L/Os, not POs. I don't believe there is a loser in an L/O. Even when you (or the seller in a CA) have the price risk removed. The buyer still wins by getting into a house they would otherwise not be able to buy.