The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
alterman

Getting Phone To Ring

As a realtor I have access to the MLS and have done some marketing with expired listings.

I have concentrated on pretty homes $100K- $500K ,out of town owners ,vacant homes or owners with a different address than property. Not short sales. I know they are getting bombarded by all the realtors but in my letter I am trying to be different from the sales realtors.

Since I am a property manager ( yes I really am) I am telling them I specialize in LO and rentals.

I have not been doing this long but feel I should get some response. What is the response rate you are getting ? Any ideas for getting my phone to ring? I want to get my first home this month!

Shelley

Shelly, I like the approach you describe and can't help but think that it will click for you sooner rather than later. Don't know what kind of numbers you are talking about when you say you have done "some marketing", but be advised that numbers are the key. I hate the expression, "it's a numbers game", but to some extent that applies here. The more homeowners you contact the more likely you receive some "tell me more" replies. So stick with your plan, (it's a good one!), increase the numbers you are doing, and I have to think your results will eventually reflect your efforts.

By the way, I'm assuming you are mailing to these homeowners? What is your piece saying?

For some reason I am getting a message "I can not upload this type of file "so I will email my letter to you separately.

Besides MLS any suggestions on where to get vacant/ out of town owners ? I think someone suggested

realeflow for leads??