The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Investor Friendly Realtor

Hey all-

I’ve had several people ask why I became licensed. What the heck is wrong with you! :o I just wanted to say over the last couple of years the FSBO market has dried up in my area. Any nice houses in good areas are all listed with licensed brokers. So, basically I am following the inventory, or what of it there is. Today in a meeting, my Broker-in-Charge confirmed the inventory shortage and that multiple competing offers are increasing for a single property. It is the basic supply and demand and it is sure to last a while as it takes home builders a while to get rolling, if they do at all in this economy. I am always a Naked Investor first and a licensed broker second (but don't tell the RE commission hehe).

My Plug, with MC’s OK…

So with the license comes the rules and regulations and the difficulty of being creative in deals. I have been speaking with some investors who need deals and would like access to MLS listed properties to make offers. I have decided to offer this service will all the benefits of using a Realtor who understands investors and the criteria they look for in deals. Another plus is being represented by a Realtor with over 20+ years of investing experience.

There are regulations I have to follow, but the investor can be as creative as they want in any type of investment strategy. I can find the properties that meet the investor’s criteria.

I’m in the Triad of NC, Contact me if interested. I am an Investor Friendly Realtor. :)

Steve

• Like 1

Steve, if I was starting as a new investor wannabe today, I think I would begin with getting my license. We are seeing more government oversight and regulations aimed at restricting the very essence of free enterprise. Several states have made life difficult for us investors. Assigning a deal is borderline fraud, in their eyes. So being licensed, or working the deal through someone who is, seems to be where this industry is headed. I think you're positioning yourself well, Steve. A knowledgeable, investor friendly Agent will always be in demand. Get the word out and market yourself! Real estate clubs, social media, word of mouth, etc. . .

• Like 1