The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lomax_properties

(FB) IPO coming out

With enough luck the media and two-bit reporters will promote non relevant facts and get noobs wanting to buy opening day. This week alone, three co-workers, asked me if I was going to buy FB shares.

I asked them what kind of position they want to hold and they cannot answer. I said do you want to buy long, or do a short day trade the day of the IPO?

Glazed over look appears on faces...

I think that the price will sky rocket on the first day, and the plummet in following weeks.

Does anyone know at what date the private investors and employees can begin selling shares? I think that would be the most important date?

I follow JIm Cremer and he suggested to get in on Morgan Stanley (MS) now before facebooks IPO date....claims they are underwriting not only facebook, but a few other big IPO's in 2012...

Any thoughts insights...maybe FB will be the next Apple,Google,or Starbucks....

With enough luck the media and two-bit reporters will promote non relevant facts and get noobs wanting to buy opening day. This week alone, three co-workers, asked me if I was going to buy FB shares.

I asked them what kind of position they want to hold and they cannot answer. I said do you want to buy long, or do a short day trade the day of the IPO?

Glazed over look appears on faces...

Reminds me of a quote: "when the guy on the street starts talking about a stock, it's time to sell".