The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DanielSun

Realtor wants paid

So, the Realtor that I check comparable with wants me to pay him $100 for every comparable that he runs, and which I complete a deal on.

It's not a lot, and I understand they deserve paid for their time, but I was wondering if I should shop for a new Realtor. My understanding is that I refer clients to him, in exchange for his service. And I have been very reasonable with my requests, I've looked for a few properties but so far I've only asked him for 3 comparable checks.

Anyone have a understanding worked out with a Realtor? Please share.

So, the Realtor that I check comparable with wants me to pay him $100 for every comparable that he runs, and which I complete a deal on.

It's not a lot, and I understand they deserve paid for their time, but I was wondering if I should shop for a new Realtor. My understanding is that I refer clients to him, in exchange for his service. And I have been very reasonable with my requests, I've looked for a few properties but so far I've only asked him for 3 comparable checks.

Anyone have a understanding worked out with a Realtor? Please share.

That's like $6000 per hour to do a comparable. I mean what does a comparable take like a minute or 2?

Next!

Was an agreement reached prior to starting? Details should have been made clear from the get-go just to avoid this situation. I wouldn't pay for the comps, especially since you've only asked for 3. I'd offer to pass along seller leads in exchange for his comps. If that isn't good enough, look for a new best friend.

I'm a realtor, and charging $100 for a comp search is ridiculous. If you want to pay, offer no more than $10-$15. Or just find another realtor.

For only $50, I'll send you e-mails with a bunch of numbers and addresses....

PM me and I'll get you my paypal info..

Actually, if anyone wants to send me $50, my paypal is my e-mail: John@leasingtobuy.com

My kids thank you.

Dude I'd say run like hell, as far as you can away from that Realtor. If your an Investor, then I'd say go out and find a Realtor that is Investor friendly. There are tons of Realtors out there, quite frankly that just don't care for investors and vice versa. You probably will have to go through and screen at least 10 Realtors before you land with one who understands how the Investors mind works. Once you do find that one good Realtor and you guys have built a good rapport then he or she will run comps with no hesitation free of charge. Just my opinion! To your success "Mrflipperhouse" aka "PrinceofWholesaling"