The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

Marketing Tips Exposed

I know I have promised some of my associates here few weeks ago to share with them my marketing experience

and provide them with a spreadsheet (that I use) to keep records and test what has worked for me.

I have finally made time to keep my promise and provide you with what you asked for...

Yes, is Saturday night and I took time to do this for my buddies first while my date is waiting for me downstairs,

he thinks I'm still getting ready so we can take off :o ! (shhh don't tell him what I'm really doing up here :lol: )

Anyway, for yrs I've been advertising mainly on Craigslist to get T/B, so most of what I'm sharing here is mostly directed to

how I go by moving my properties (not how I get them as most of you know I can get them any time I want witn no prob.).

As we all know, most of us are in a super buyer's market... to me that means that I have to work 100 times harder to

get T/B's attention online to want to read my ad on Craigslist and not blend in with the rest of the gazillion other ads, therefore

I use graphics on my ads, no I'm not talking about the boring graphics the agents use on Craigslist, I'm talking about the graphics

I personally design for the houses (see sample below).

Being a graphic design addict / super freak myself, I create new graphics almost daily and archive them to use and test

them all on my ads throughout the week.

Does graphics make any difference in my ad replies? The heck it does, it makes all the difference in the world!

Keep in mind that in the internet world we are all 100% visual (audio is not as much) which means we need to attract the prospect

T/B's with the right colors, designs, graphics.. etc.

Here's the most important part of what I want to share.

After studying and testing my ads on Craigslist for the past few years, I've come to a very important and interesting conclusion....

* Most if not all of my "closed" deals have come from my ads posted on Craigslist on Mondays early morning!

I can understand the reason behind this. People are well rested and energized on Mondays because of the weekend rest. Go figure.

Every Monday I make it my goal to post as many ads as possible on Craigslist very early in the morning (not the night before).

Most of the times I get flagged on Mondays, but I repost over and over again and I always win.

* Another thing I've learned is that posting text ads is useless and not very effective..period!!

I always use HTML ads, if you're not using HTML ads on Craigslist, you are wasting your time.

Craigslist has a decent popular ranking and when we advertise with HTML codes, the search engines picks this up

increasing the chances of our post to be seen by those who don't even know Craigslist exists when doing a search

for a rent to own home or whatever.

I've used a spreadsheet for years to keep track of my results and keep track of which days are best to advertise on Craigslist.

I've also used a spreadsheet for years for when calling FRBO to keep track and to avoid not calling the same FRBO twice.

Per some of your requests from a long time ago, I have created both of these spreadsheets for you to see and use if you so desire and

keep records to see which days works best for you to advertise as well and to keep records of your calls and emails too.

I've created them in a hurry just minutes ago so they are not a big deal, they are very plain and simple for the average Joe.

You can download them from HERE (zip file )

Here's a sample of one of my many design graphics I use on my ads on a daily basis as mentioned in the beginning of this post.

samplead.bmp

if any body else have any other tips about anything in regards to marketing as to what has successfully worked for you, please share it.

Well that's it, I gotta run downstairs now and pretend I couldn't find my lipstick er something so that my guy don't get upset with me, wish me luck.. :D

BEV!

Thanks Bev,

A few questions for you:

1) What software do you use to create HTML in Craig's list?

2) What software do you use to create your .bmp files? Publisher?

Thanks,

Ronnie

I know I have promised some of my associates here few weeks ago to share with them my marketing experience

and provide them with a spreadsheet (that I use) to keep records and test what has worked for me.

I have finally made time to keep my promise and provide you with what you asked for...

Yes, is Saturday night and I took time to do this for my buddies first while my date is waiting for me downstairs,

he thinks I'm still getting ready so we can take off :o ! (shhh don't tell him what I'm really doing up here :lol: )

Anyway, for yrs I've been advertising mainly on Craigslist to get T/B, so most of what I'm sharing here is mostly directed to

how I go by moving my properties (not how I get them as most of you know I can get them any time I want witn no prob.).

As we all know, most of us are in a super buyer's market... to me that means that I have to work 100 times harder to

get T/B's attention online to want to read my ad on Craigslist and not blend in with the rest of the gazillion other ads, therefore

I use graphics on my ads, no I'm not talking about the boring graphics the agents use on Craigslist, I'm talking about the graphics

I personally design for the houses (see sample below).

Being a graphic design addict / super freak myself, I create new graphics almost daily and archive them to use and test

them all on my ads throughout the week.

Does graphics make any difference in my ad replies? The heck it does, it makes all the difference in the world!

Keep in mind that in the internet world we are all 100% visual (audio is not as much) which means we need to attract the prospect

T/B's with the right colors, designs, graphics.. etc.

Here's the most important part of what I want to share.

After studying and testing my ads on Craigslist for the past few years, I've come to a very important and interesting conclusion....

* Most if not all of my "closed" deals have come from my ads posted on Craigslist on Mondays early morning!

I can understand the reason behind this. People are well rested and energized on Mondays because of the weekend rest. Go figure.

Every Monday I make it my goal to post as many ads as possible on Craigslist very early in the morning (not the night before).

Most of the times I get flagged on Mondays, but I repost over and over again and I always win.

* Another thing I've learned is that posting text ads is useless and not very effective..period!!

I always use HTML ads, if you're not using HTML ads on Craigslist, you are wasting your time.

Craigslist has a decent popular ranking and when we advertise with HTML codes, the search engines picks this up

increasing the chances of our post to be seen by those who don't even know Craigslist exists when doing a search

for a rent to own home or whatever.

I've used a spreadsheet for years to keep track of my results and keep track of which days are best to advertise on Craigslist.

I've also used a spreadsheet for years for when calling FRBO to keep track and to avoid not calling the same FRBO twice.

Per some of your requests from a long time ago, I have created both of these spreadsheets for you to see and use if you so desire and

keep records to see which days works best for you to advertise as well and to keep records of your calls and emails too.

I've created them in a hurry just minutes ago so they are not a big deal, they are very plain and simple for the average Joe.

You can download them from HERE (zip file )

Here's a sample of one of my many design graphics I use on my ads on a daily basis as mentioned in the beginning of this post.

samplead.bmp

if any body else have any other tips about anything in regards to marketing as to what has successfully worked for you, please share it.

Well that's it, I gotta run downstairs now and pretend I couldn't find my lipstick er something so that my guy don't get upset with me, wish me luck.. :D

BEV!

Thanks Bev,

A few questions for you:

1) What software do you use to create HTML in Craig's list?

I use a simple, classic and plain "1st Page 2000" but you can use anything else more up to date if you wish.

2) What software do you use to create your .bmp files? Publisher?

I use the good ol' "Power Point" to make ALL my killer brochure type ads online.... but again, you may also want to try photoshop!

(Awww, one can only fantasize) :lol:

BEV!

Hey Bev!, great info...

Some questions:

Anyway, for yrs I've been advertising mainly on Craigslist to get T/B

I remember reading in another post how you don't get your sellers from CL (you don't want to get sellers and tbers from same place), and that you only do FRBO. Do you get your FRBO's mainly from the paper or other online ads? Mostly started by phone or email?

The ads you use on CL for t/bers, are they generic or for a specific property?

That's interesting. The marketing "pros" say to post in early afternoon for when people are most likely going to be in front of the computer at work or home. With the little bit of experience I have had, I have been working out my postings, or repostings, so it is at the top Friday afternoon for the weekend push.

How about reposting the same ad. Do you just do it every 48 hours once you have one that is accepted? Do you make out new ads every day and post for the same property?

Different designed ads for the same property in the same category (for sale or for rent) in the same area? I thought that would create the flagging. But then you talk about reposting over and over again until you "win". You repost the flagged posts - without changing them - over and over until they stick? I have heard of CL banning people/ip addresses/email addresses/accounts over this. Of course with the very little I know, which is nothing compared to what I see you know, I have multiple email accounts with multiple CL accounts, which I assume we all do. The trick is to keep on reposting the same thing over and over - or do you tweak a little each time?

I also see that you have a live link in the html. I thought this was a flaggable (is that a word?) offense? Is the trick to be caught up with all the other ads that eventually there are not enough people out there flagging to catch everything?

On making the ad itself and converting into html. Do you make the total ad first in powerpoint and then save it as what, a bmp file, and then use 1st Page 2000 to convert to html?

I figure these questions will hold you until your next date... :D

Kevin

Do you get your FRBO's mainly from the paper or other online ads? Mostly started by phone or email?

I get them mainly from online newspaper ads by calling them on the phone. Hardly ever via email (craigslist)

The ads you use on CL for t/bers, are they generic or for a specific property?

They are for specific properties (I always have several of them)

With the little bit of experience I have had, I have been working out my postings, or repostings, so it is at the top Friday afternoon for the weekend push.

Does it work for you? I remember when I used to work... The weekend was for recuperating period and going to the computer was the last thing on my mind over the weekend as I was so beat from the entire week's work in front of a computer and just wanted to relax and rest my eyes.

Do you just do it every 48 hours once you have one that is accepted? Do you make out new ads every day and post for the same property?

It depends if I get flagged, I repost same ad same email addy and same location. If I don't get flagged, I post every other day for each of the properties with different layouts/graphics.

Different designed ads for the same property in the same category (for sale or for rent)

Both.. but most of my closed deals come from my ads on FRBO

I have heard of CL banning people/ip addresses/email addresses/accounts over this.

I've been doing it for yrs with no IP banning ............... Craig is my buddy :lol:

I have multiple email accounts with multiple CL accounts

I've never had an CL account as this will allow CL to control my postings and limit my activities :lol:

...do you tweak a little each time?

Nope

I also see that you have a live link in the html. I thought this was a flaggable

Never had a problem because of my live links. I've heard this is a big issue for the "Biz Op's" section of CL a lot!

Do you make the total ad first in powerpoint and then save it as what, a bmp file, and then use 1st Page 2000 to convert to html?

I make my graphics on powerpoint (but you can use any other program) and save it as .bmp (but u can save it as jpg also). I use bmp

because I'm a graphic designs freak and won't settle for nothing less than perfection. But bmp is a larger file and takes longer to

download when someone clicks on the ad.. JPG is a smaller size file and downloads faster but the fonts quality are sad.

You can get both "quality and speed" graphics with photoshop though.

After I have the graphic made, I create my ad on 1stPage2000 and link (include) my graphic in it.

BEV!

Do you get your FRBO's mainly from the paper or other online ads? Mostly started by phone or email?

I get them mainly from online newspaper ads by calling them on the phone. Hardly ever via email (craigslist)

I know you keep track of who you call, but do you also follow up at some later time to see if things have changed, or do you always work with the "fresh meat"?

Do you just do it every 48 hours once you have one that is accepted? Do you make out new ads every day and post for the same property?

It depends if I get flagged, I repost same ad same email addy and same location. If I don't get flagged, I post every other day for each of the properties with different layouts/graphics.

So, every day, you are reposting that ad from 2 days ago, so you always have a reposted ad at the top that day? So once you have 2 ads accepted on two days -in that category and that town/section of town, then you are set for that property? Do you also do multiple areas also? I remember reading how you looked at an area an hour or so away and that was where you were pulling people from.

I have multiple email accounts with multiple CL accounts

I've never had an CL account as this will allow CL to control my postings and limit my activities :lol:

I'm learning lots...thanks!

After I have the graphic made, I create my ad on 1stPage2000 and link (include) my graphic in it.

So your graphic is on your website with a link you've made in 1stPage2000? Then there is a link IN the graphic linking to more info on your website? (Lots of links)

Thanks again Bev for all the great info. I've been posting on CL for a few weeks and thought I had learned a lot - which I know I have - but now I am looking forward to jumping up to a new level...the Bev level.

I know you keep track of who you call, but do you also follow up at some later time to see if things have changed?

Never.

So, every day, you are reposting that ad from 2 days ago, so you always have a reposted ad at the top that day? So once you have 2 ads accepted on two days -in that category and that town/section of town, then you are set for that property?

Pretty much. But I often change my graphic designs on each property so that readers whom seen my ads several times don't get bored or sick of it, that's all.

Do you also do multiple areas also?

Yep, I take care of that in the HTML keyword codes and within the page ad so that I don't have to physically do it over and over again.

I remember reading how you looked at an area an hour or so away and that was where you were pulling people from.

Is the logical way for me to advertise.. for example: A house that I have under contract here is lets say $620K and just 10 minutes away that same house is worth (current market) over $800K and 30 miutes away that same house is over $1 Million

So your graphic is on your website with a link you've made in 1stPage2000? Then there is a link IN the graphic linking to more info on your website? (Lots of links)

Actually there are only one or two links in the ad, both links point to the same direction where all the info of the house is. But I make my graphics hyperlinked.. if you don't have a page to send your prospects to, you won't need links on your ads. Just include your contact info in it with your ph and email addy. :lol:

BEV!

What the heck is this HTML thing, I can't even find the spell check button. although I do know a thing or 3 about ppt.

That Bev, I tell ya....she just gives and gives until she can't give no more!! :lol:

That Bev, I tell ya....she just gives and gives until she can't give no more!! :lol:
Man, oh man! If this wasn't a family oriented board, what I could do with that straight line! :lol:

MC and his mind in the gutter AGAIN! :wub::huh:

That Bev, I tell ya....she just gives and gives until she can't give no more!! :)
Man, oh man! If this wasn't a family oriented board, what I could do with that straight line! :rolleyes:

Man, oh man! If this wasn't a family oriented board, what I could do with that straight line!

It's yer board.

You own it.

I say go for it...

:wub:

By now, hopefully Admin's mind is out of the gutter, I can continue with my marketing tips for this week ^_^

Tips

Lately I've been testing to place my properties in the Yahoo Local Newsgroups and I'm impressed.

Is still too early to tell if a closed sell will come out of it but is another source that seems to get the

type of t/b I'm looking for, for the RTO homes I have.

What I do is search on yahoo newsgroup for cities around me (higher income cities).

Say for example the city of "Blackhawk" which is only minutes away from where I have the RTO houses,

I would search for "Blackhawk classifieds" on yahoo news groups or surrounding areas.

Once I find them, I register with them and place my ads.

Every member of those news groups will get my ads via email and via website (most news groups have 1,000's of members in them) :lol:

I have been getting lots of interested prospects this way... I will repost my RTO ads twice per week.

BEV!

Hey Bev!

I'm just not getting it. I have looked all over yahoo and not finding newsgroup. I looked under "groups" then a city, but most are under 10 or so people. I also tried googling yahoo newsgroup without much luck. Where the heck is this?

Sounds like a great idea...keep them coming.

Kevin