The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
michxusasc

Need to sell my home in Ephrata,PA

Hello everyone. I have been reading the boards off and on for the past year now. I finally decided to post something. Unfortunatley, it is to attempt to sell my primary home. My job has relocated and I have been listed with a realtor since late July. That agreement expires in January 07.

Details:

Location is off of US322W, approx. 12 miles north of downtown Lancaster, 35 miles east of Harrisburg, 20 miles south of Reading.

Single Family House

Built August 2004

3 BD (1st fl master suite)

2.5 BA

2 Car Garage (Oversized)

1889 Finished SqFt

Unfinished Basement

11,000 SqFt Lot

Is there anyone with possible T/B in the Lancaster,PA area? Please email me or reply to this post.

Thanks,

Michael M.

Hello, Michael, and welcome to The Naked Investor.

Are you still living in your house? If so, why don't you take control of the situation, work the deal yourself, and gain some experience and save some money in the process? Six months with a Realtor is time enough, if you ask me.

Hello, Michael, and welcome to The Naked Investor.

Are you still living in your house? If so, why don't you take control of the situation, work the deal yourself, and gain some experience and save some money in the process? Six months with a Realtor is time enough, if you ask me.

MichaelC...thanks for the welcome. I would like to take control. This is why I posted here. First to see if there are anyone with leads for t/b in my area. My next step is to put an ad in the local paper. I would like to sell my house on a L/O, to avoid a prepayment penalty for one and for the cashflow second. As of right now, the Realtor has exactly 1 month til the end of the agreement. As of today, we have 1 person considering a purchase. I could use the experience. I have been stuck in "analysis paralysis" for 2 yrs now and still not sure of what to do.

Michael, I gather then that your plan is to ride out your current listing with the Realtor? That's fine. With the Holiday season upon us, things slow down anyway. Let the Realtor try his luck now, and when the listing expires unsold, we'll be past the holidays and things should start to pick up somewhat. Combine that with your offering lease purchase tems, and you'll be able to move your property much more quickly than any Realtor can. I assure you.

When you're ready to go, come back here for some advice, opinions, and abuse. :o We'll get you through that paralysis of analysis.