The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Let's see your direct mail marketing ideas

I would like to see what you all are using for direct mail advertising. Here's what I have so far on my new material.

I'm interested in seeing the what different call-to-action's everybody has, such as the "Consider the lease purchase advantage" on this one.

Well here is one that has been pulling good for me lately.

I like it...Straight to the point :P

Well here is one that has been pulling good for me lately.

I like it...Straight to the point :P

Sometimes less is more. :lol:

Like that it does Not need to be a hard sell Jonathan (good reminder) & the gift card is a nice touch.

Hi, Tim. I don't know where John orders his postcards, but you can have cards or brochures or flyers made at any local printer, or you can do so online. For design, have you tried Fiverr?

Hi MC, its been awhile. I have been mostly email, texting, and voice blasting and or calling CL, and been averaging two to four properties a month. However, lately CL seems to be getting a little tougher and I am wanting to grow the business. I have the brochure John used to send, however, I am thinking the PostCard may get a better response. I put as post on O'desk and got some responses so can probably get the PostCard designed pretty cheaply. I wonder how many postcards he sends to new sellers each month and how many are follow up? Also, wondering does he just send postcards or is he still sending hi brochure. Also I had a question for you MC. I saw that you pick up a LO in Ohio virtually. Do you have someone who is boots on ground in that market to sell the LO?

Thanks,

Tim

Right now I have a retired realtor show all my properties to buyers. Also, what we do is a fee agreement with the seller to collect the first months rent from the tenant as a fee as well as the option deposit. He is also a real estate paralegal and says this is legal. Do you have any input on that.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim, regarding the specifics of John's mailings, I can't tell you what his plan is. Why don't you shoot him a PM on the board and ask him to take a look at your questions here?

The deals I do out of my area are usually with the help of the homeowner. If they are still in the property or at least in the area, I handle the marketing and take the calls and emails. The homeowner is instructed to show the property and sell the amenities, the neighborhood, etc. But all talk about the deal and terms are referred back to me. If the homeowner has already left the area they must have a plan in place for showing the house: neighbor, friend, relative. I prefer that to using a Realtor and having to share some of the pie. But if all else fails, I would use an Agent. After all, a percentage of something is better than 100% of nothing.

That truly interests me on how you get the seller to show the house for you, I heard Joe once say the same. I guess my question is how do you position yourself from the start. Do approach them as you are looking at buying properties in that area, and can offer more by renting it out for a couple of years and buying at the end of the lease, or do you first approach it as a CA, that you will market for a TB? Also, how do you gauge which markets to market to. I'm trying to figure out a way to systemize the process so I can replicate what I do in Tucson and grow.

Thanks for all your help and knowledge MC