The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Andrew Ikeda

It's a girl!!

Hey Everyone,

Sorry I've been so quiet lately. On October 9th my wife gave birth to a beautiful, healthy and screaming girl at 7:55 pm.

Doc had to use forceps and pull her out ...she was a bit comfortable inside mommy. Now she's happy to be in the real world and looks forward to investing in real estate. :) She is also planning on replacing Mia Hamm on the USA Women's World Cup soccer squad sometime in the next 20 -25 years so be looking for her. She has strong legs and will start on perfecting those wicked curl shots from at least 25 yards out.

Oh yes, her name is Amy Renee and she says 'hi' to everyone. She's a little sleepy at the moment so we'll stop here.

Andrew (Big and tired Dad)

Amy Renee,

Welcome to the Naked Investor and congratulations on the new Mommy and Daddy. If you Have any questions Let us know and the bed your sleeping in, well your dad will l/p it to you....lol

CONGRATULATIONS Andrew

Congratulations!

Remember, make sure her milk is warm and that she is dry before you lay her down for sleep or she will be waking you up about 10 minutes later.

Ok, that's my two cents. I learned this with my little girl who is now 17. Oh! and later on you will get these urges to strangle any male that comes near her, I don't why, but it just sudenly comes over you :)

Cruz

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Yes, indeed she wants to be well fed and kept clean and makes that well known to us.

Oh yea, the boys...hmm...I'll wait another 17 years for that...or 16 years...or 14 years...or whatever...in the mean time...dad and mom are very busy with keeping her happy.

Andrew

Guest Samantha

Congrats Daddy!! I am happy for you. What a blessing little girls are. How is your job coming along? Well, I am sure you are busy with your little one. Have fun getting to know her. Later,

Samantha T.

WooHoo, Andrew! Congrats to you and Mrs. Ikeda! I'm thrilled for you both! Any pics to post of lil' Amy Renee? We all want to see the newest Nakedest Investor :P .

Congratulations!

I'm sure you and your wife have fallen in love with Amy Renee. A child opens up a part of your heart that you probably never knew existed. It's the greatest, tenderest love of all. Enjoy every second of it!

Summer

Hello Michael and Everyone else!

Again, my deepest thanks for the kind comments.

Yes, my wife and I are enjoying our little one and yes, I love this little girl...it's just amazing how much I've changed in the last 3 weeks!! She's an angel by day and a terror by night. She gets us up around 2 am and likes to keep us up until around 6 am. Then she gets sleepy and sleeps all day..any advice on how to reverse this??

The loan biz is good. I got my first commission check last week Tuesday for $1,352. I'm hoping to go to the closing table next week Monday and Tuesday on a deal that should net me $2,100 after deductions!

The loan biz is up and down. One day can have me on cloud 9 and the next day in the gutters of depression and despair. Overall, I get the bills paid and sometime soon I hope to get my own mortgage and a nice place for my family.

Just found out yesterday in a class that the 1.95% payment lender will let us write our own loans!! Yipee! I also got my credit reports and show a mid score of 700 which is very gratifying.

For those of you interested, the 1.95% lender has a program for people with no credit!! They do not verify income either...only employment!! And the 'gift' can be from a 'relative' and they dont check that either. I have a borrower with no credit or lines of trade. His corporation is 100% owned by his partner and the lender told me that they will not investigate the paper trail on the source of the gift!! So his partner can gift him the 20% downpayment as a relative and they dont verify it!

This is good since the guy has $30,000 for a downpay from the corporation.

And....he gets the 1.95% payment factor or around 4.754% interest at this time!! WoooHooo!! Another $2,000 paycheck around the corner!! Loving it so far! :P (I'll try to post this and more information in the funding forum sometime soon)

Ok, I must run for now.

Thanks again everyone for your kind comments...greatly appreciated. Have a great day!!

Andrew

Hey Andrew congrats on the baby girl!!

My wife and I just found out a couple weeks ago we're having a girl as well. I'll be in your shoes about the middle of February...got any tips??

Later,

My wife and I just found out a couple weeks ago we're having a girl as well. I'll be in your shoes about the middle of February...got any tips??
Run, Mr. Saint! Run far, run deep, but run! :D:)

Actually, congratulations to you, too!

Mr. Saint,

Well, as first time parents we are learning a lot ourselves.

I would suggest going to classes sponsored by the hospital you plan to give birth at. They had classes on newborns, breast feeding, parenting, etc. We went to three of them and really enjoyed and learned a lot.

Listen carefully to the OB/GYN and what they have to say. Stay focused on their comments and dont listen too carefully to friends because they may mean well but be misinformed.

There is a book that was recommended to me by a pediatrician, it is called "On Becoming Baby Wise" by Gary Ezzo. I dont have the book yet but several people highly recommended it. Will get it soon.

Work a plan out with your wife for night duty and try to get family to help take care of the baby during the day so your wife can rest or take care of household chores.

That's about all for the moment.

If I learn of something new, I'll let you know.

Andrew