The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
TPSG, LLC

The email marketing instruction course!!!!!!

Okay,

So what if I told you that with a couple hours of work, you could easily get 50-100 guaranteed, qualified, and verified leads!

Now I know before some of us had talked about email marketing before and got some flack for some of it, but I wanted to really tell and teach you all what kind of success I have had, how I did it, and how you can too.

First, I went on to every FSBO site possible (if you want this list, let me know). From there I grabbed every email address that I could find...mind you, some sites don't give you email addresses, but they allow you to email the owners. So let's say you grab all the email address you can find, then you go back to the sites that don't have email address BUT you send a message to the "seller." So you put in your Contact name (first name), your email address (now here is where I got flack...I use a non business email address, as to seem more personable and not such a business, because all I am looking for is information right now), your subject (which I put as "home still for sale?"), and your message which should be this:

"Sorry for the 50 questions, but I am curious, Is your home still for sale? If so, what is the address for the home

for sale? How long have you had it on the market and why are you selling and when do you need to sell by?

I am looking for homes in the area.

Thank you."

...and then I hit "submit" or "send" whatever the site has. The site will automatically send an email to that person selling their home with your email address and message attached. Now, I take the email addresses that I grabbed and I open up my email program (I use Outlook) but if you use yahoo or hotmail, etc you can do the same thing. I then paste all of the emails in the "Bcc:" part of the email header....if you don't see the "Bcc:" option in Outlook, then go up to the "View" tab and click on "Bcc: field." Why this is important is that this means "Blind Carbon Copy" which means that whoever you send this email to will never see who else you are sending it to, so they won't think you are sending 50 emails around just for information, which you are ;) Then again, put the subject and message above into the email and then put, "Thanks, (put your first name here)" and then hit send.

Now what will happen is pretty amazing, at least it was to me. Because I sent out over 100 emails, combined between sites sending them and me. What I got back was 10 or so email addresses were invalid or not around anymore, but then over the course of the next week, I got back over 50 emails telling me everything about their property, their phone number, their address, and MOST IMPORTANTLY I had every single one tell me why they are selling and when they need to sell by! :D

So now, all I had to do was weed through all the emails to find out who's house had sold and throw those out, and then I printed out all the emails and put them in order from greatest need to sell to least and then I start calling. Now...here's the important part, when I call, this is what I say...I tell them that "I am calling you regarding a friend I have who told me your home was for sale and saw it on the internet"....and then the rest is textbook conversation. But what is great though, is that I already have tons of info on them and their situation, so if I know they need to sell right away, I can use different lingo or bring up different scenario's from the beginning. :ph34r:

The whole process of finding and sending emails takes about an hour or so to do, but think about it...you get back over 50% responses, telling you exactly what you need to know and now you don't have to waste your time calling these people cold-call in the first place, (which I hope you were going to do anyway) because you now know who needs what, etc.

The whole point is that YOU ARE IN CONTROL and you are making the internet and technology work for you. Hope this all helps and remember, think smarter not harder.

Have a great weekend all...

• Like 3

Great Idea TPSG! Sounds like something we may all want to do, and the great part is we are all in different geographical areas, so we don't compete with each other :D

Did you end up with a deal after talking to the homeowners? Keep us updated!

The whole process of finding and sending emails takes about an hour or so to do, but think about it...you get back over 50% responses, telling you exactly what you need to know and now you don't have to waste your time calling these people cold-call in the first place, (which I hope you were going to do anyway) because you now know who needs what, etc.

The whole point is that YOU ARE IN CONTROL and you are making the internet and technology work for you. Hope this all helps and remember, think smarter not harder.

Very good idea. I like it, and with such a response rate it is an idea well worth trying by everyone.

Chris,

I started using your FSBO emailing technique (with my own little softer, gentler twist to the script) a couple weeks ago. You were absolutely not kidding when you said you got a 50% response rate that way. I have been getting the same results.

Thought you might find that interesting.

I tried your fsbo email method. While I was sending emails, I got a response on my msn messenger from one I just emailed. We talked (using msn messenger) for about 15 minutes. Sounds like a good deal brewing. Maybe keeping msn messenger up while sending emails will help.

Just wanted to know how everyone's e-mail marketing has been going and if you put together any deals from your responses.

I've been sending out e-mails the way you noted above and I have received absolutely no responses back, not even a "sold" message.

Keep in mind the number of homes FSBO online out in my area is minimal, but I thought I would get at least one response back with either their home being sold, or a description of the home, where it is located etc.

Keep in mind I write to them under my own name, no mention of a business, my personal e-mail address, etc. Real soft.

Just wanted to know how you all were doing and the quality of the leads your getting.

Thanks.

Summer

Christian Beebe,

You DA MAN!! Last night I 'hail-mary'd' 10 e-mails using phrases just slightly different from yours and got 8 messages in my mailbox this morning. All responses were warm and cordial.

What I've learned is not to be direct with sellers with creative real estate and not to give any kind of hints that you may be an investor or realtor.

Now I'm off to figure out what to do with all this!

I'm just so delighted with the results!

My personal thanks and gratitude to you for sharing this idea with us.

Andrew

P.S. Just in case you're interested, I tried various approaches and methods and sent around 90 emails and only got two responses.

Since I've received so many emails for the FSBO's list, I figured I would just post them... :D took me long enough.

Let me know if you have any questions...now granted these were current a year ago, so there may be more now to add...just find them.

Here are the FSBO sites:

www.virtualfsbo.com

www.homeportfoliojunction.com

www.onlinerealtysales.com

www.2buyhomes.net

www.forsalebyowner.com

www.byowner.com

www.owners.com

www.allthelistings.com

www.forsalebyowner.com

www.US4salebyowner.com

www.fsbo.com

www.fsbon.com

www.UShousefinders.com

www.freelistings.com

www.helpusell.com

www.fsboonline.com

www.nofeelistings.com

www.privatesalerealty.com

www.privateforsale.com

I would start with www.ushousefinders.com first since they cover a lot of the major ones.

Hi guys,

yeah cool idea, I use the bcc alot too.

I was getting into the note area of things and after reading alot I decided that 'hunting' for buyers & sellers to work with was going to take up alot of my valuable time.

So I got a couple of nice little letters together then sent away ...nothing 'untrue' just :

Hello, we interested in a note.

Please contact us at 'rah rah' or 'blah blah'

We got 37 buyers & sellers e mail us back by next morning. 13 of these were within the first hr . Still this morning I got yet another 2, and I sent out a month or so ago.

As none of them knew if we were buying or selling, we ended up with a host of both.

I arranged them into separate categories,depending on what they prefer to buy now we have people who buy and sell all kinds of cash flows, and we can do a quick matchup where needed.

Kez :D

yeah I looked at the dates on the ones in my area and they were old to. Ya would think if you sold your house you would get tired of phone calls 4 yrs later :D

Tony

Since emailing 4 year old FSBOs didn't work out too well, I thought I'd try emailing a few realtors as an experiment, with this question: "Would the owner be interested in selling on a 1-year lease purchase?"

Out of 3 emails I received 3 replies within 24 hours:

#1 sold

#2 not interested

#3 looking into it