The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
ErikOk

Recording calls

Anyone have any recommendations for a call recorder that can be used with Google voice. I tried Sound Recorder built into Windows with a headset/mic, but the sound comes out like a bunch of beeping.

I have searched for an app, but all I found was for Skype.

I know Google voice has a built in sound recorder, but it is for outbound calls only and announces that the call is being recorded.

Thanks,

Erik

Erik, you're looking for something to record inbound calls? Why do you want to record your calls, if I may ask? I'm sure you're aware that the caller must be notified the call is being recorded.

Right, something to use with VOIP. To get a sense of whether or not the marketing is working/clear to the the recipients (callers where I am NOT taking the call). This would let me adjust the marketing message if need be. In Oklahoma only one party need be aware of the recording. Consent is not required here by both parties.

Erik, you're looking for something to record inbound calls? Why do you want to record your calls, if I may ask? I'm sure you're aware that the caller must be notified the call is being recorded.

I don't know of anything, Erik. But I'm sure there is a program available that does exactly what you want. Keep beating the bushes. Something will turn up, or someone who knows will.

first. check your windows sound recorder settings, there is an option to adjust your audio quality.

but most likely, what you are looking for is not another software, but a better Microphone. Windows Recorder is a perfect fine software.

and since we are on this topic, is it necessary that we even record a message?

Well, if a homeowner replies to your marketing and you're unable to take the call, yes, a message is necessary.

I'm not wanting to record a voice message, I'm wanting to record the call in real time when speaking with a caller. But yes, we tried the Windows Sound Recorder & it only has pops & chirps when recording for some reason??

first. check your windows sound recorder settings, there is an option to adjust your audio quality.

but most likely, what you are looking for is not another software, but a better Microphone. Windows Recorder is a perfect fine software.

and since we are on this topic, is it necessary that we even record a message?