The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DeeLight

Websites & Videos

Ok I see now that I can't wear all the hats to do this in a big way. I have a friend that could put up a quickie website for me with pics. Is it best to do just one website per area with the houses available in that area or a mini site for each individual house?

The website would be for giving out on the phone for info purposes, right?

Is anyone using video for showing their houses? I don't know how I'd do that since my house are all OOA.

Thanks for your marketing ideas !

Is it best to do just one website per area with the houses available in that area or a mini site for each individual house?
I can't help but think if you lay out a site for each individual property, you'll be a full time webmaster and a very part time investor. Don't sweat the small stuff. Concentrate your energy right now on what matters: marketing to homeowners, making offers, getting deals. . .repeat.

Yeah but I've got the "what if I can't find a t/b now" butterflies. These are huge butterflies :P What's the worst that can happen? I learned something new. But I do want to get them unloaded quickly!!

NEWS FLASH

Just checked my email. i got someone (from the cl ad I placed lst night) "very interested" in the prop that I am expecting to sign docs on tomoro. He wants me to call him right away. Shouldn't there be some kind of introduction we go through? Should I ask him to tell me---in email---who he is etc?

I see no harm in returning the call. If he's a kook, hang up. But if he's serious, give him the details about the property and the deal as if the deal is locked down between you and the homeowner. Tell him you already have someone who saw it and said they want it, just to create some urgency on his part. Of course, if the deal dies he'll be the first one you call.

In the meantime, get some info about him: what's he looking for, where, amenities, how much monthly, etc.

Deelight,

You can sign up for Google voice and use that for people you have some reservations about calling (kooks). Google voice is one of those things that is also good for using as a "call in information number" for signs.

K, thanks Erik. I remember reading that now that you mention it. And I read something from Jonathan Rexford that says "Pick up the phone!!!" I'm just gonna keep it simple and do that for now.