The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Propertymagnets

Investor(s) Needed for Townhome in Vancouver, British Columbia

Hello Michael and Naked Investor Members;

I trust everyone reading this offer is well and prospering. I am an active investor in British Columbia, Canada. The purpose of this email is to inform and invite your participation in this deal. Here are the details.

BACKGROUND:

For the past 3 years I have been studying, learning and now investing in real estate in Canada. As of July 31st. I closed on a duplex in Kelowna, British Columbia that is a buy & hold. It is rented and has positive cash flow of $400/mo. The owners are an elderly couple, ready to retire in Alberta, who bought it for income and had no idea how to run the duplex as a business. After years of frustration, they were ready to just walk away. With my lawyers help, I provided them a way to do that by assuming their mortgage, transfer of beneficial interest, power of attorney and right of first refusal. Win-win for all.

The purpose of this email is to inform and invite your participation or that of someone who would be interested in getting a 5.82% return on their investment. Here are the details.

Currently, I live in a beautiful 3-bedroom, 3-baths, steps from the Fraser River, waterfront town home in the Fraserview area. The owners, Hong Kong Chinese, are elderly realtors and ready to retire (notice the theme!). We share the town home, and I pay a rent of $600.00/mo. (sweet!). Rents in the area are $1,000/mo and up. If you research the Fraserview area there is a wealth of development to take place over the next few years, making this area a ripe investment area. Romer's Burger Bar is at the foot of Kerr St. and we can meet for lunch and view the area and town home, at your convenience. Business trip to beautiful BC!!

THE DEAL:

Naked Investor members, I want to work with you to find THE IDEAL INVESTOR that is:(1) Hands-off, not involved in the day-to-day management/maintenance of the property, (2) Has the financial capital to do multiple deals, (3) Willing to allow their money to work 24-36 months, (4) Trust me with my investment strategy (Multifamily & single family homes) and decision-making, (5) Ask intelligent questions as a function of due diligence (I retain my real estate lawyer as my mentor & coach).

The investor/partner would buy the property and be on title with me on title only. Fellow Naked Investor members what is a return on residential property investments that your contacts would find attractive? Here in British Columbia, my lawyer says 5% is good! What say you? If you have investors that would be interested in this deal, we can close on it by mid September. I have all the information about the property, and over dinners the owners and I often talk about the town home and about them retiring and living in Las Vegas.

THE HOME: LIGHTHOUSE TERRACE

Rare one-of-a kind Feng Shui approved, a truly beautiful waterfront town home, steps away from the Fraser River through the backyard gate access. Frame-Wood, concrete foundation, 3 story, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, ensuite w/soaker-tub, separate shower, stainless steel Miele dishwasher, Viking gas range, Frigidaire Professional Refrigerator, 1-piece granite kitchen countertop, wall-to-ceiling mirror in dining area, custom made California wood shutters on every window & door including the bathroom! Rose non-glare mirror in power room. Kitchen backsplash tile & inside mounted sink for easy cleaning, covered back porch/deck. Gated underground parking for 2 vehicles. Easy access to garage from inside the town home. Ample closet space. Walking trails, otters, mink, beavers, seals, eagles, cormorants, great blue herons, hummingbirds are a constant sight from numerous vantage points. Close to #100 Marpole Bus and Canada Line to YVR airport.

UPGRADES: $80K in-home upgrades including a new roof being installed now for entire strata $15,000. New Hot Water Tank in town home $650.00

MY PLAN:

Personally, I do not have the cash or credit to purchase this property now, and being the owner of a residential and commercial cleaning company that would not qualify in terms of income, an investor is ideal. I will need time, 2015, to get to where I can refinance the town home which will be a buy and hold exit strategy.

I will pay the monthly mortgage payment, taxes, Strata (which includes insurance).

I will rent out the 3 bedrooms at $1,100.00/month. I live in the town-home.

Tenants share the entire home with me.

I am responsible for all of the maintenance and repair-basically...investor just collects ROI!

I intend to have a free and clear Condo within 15 years plus a cash flow of Market rents.

I offer to keep a Quit Claim Deed in escrow if I default, say 60 days or more late, investor gets the property. No foreclosure required!

FINANCIALS:

PURCHASE PRICE: $680,000.00

TAXES 2011: $$2,114.00/year

STRATA FEE & INSURANCE: $371.00/month

CMHC RULE: 20% down payment on $680,000= $136,000

PROPERTY TRANSFER TAX & CLOSING: 2% of purchase price= $13,600

INITIAL PURCHASE PRICE: $680,000

INITIAL CASH INVESTMENT: $136,000

INTEREST RATE: 3.12 FIVE YEARS FIXED

AMORTIZATION: 25 YEARS = $2,613.79

INCOME:

TOTAL: $3,3000.00/MONTH

(ADDITIONAL potential INCOME):$50/mo parking fee, $40/mo residential cleaning=TOTAL $1,080/mo

EXPENSES:

MORTGAGE $2613.79

TAXES: $176.16

STRATA: $371.00

TOTAL: $3,160.95

POSITIVE CASH: $139.05

PURCHASE PRICE: $680,000

RENTAL INCOME: $3,300.00 x 12 months = $39,600.00

Net Operating Income: $39,600 /$680,000= 5.82% RATE

RETURN TO INVESTOR: $136,000 @ 5.82% annually= $7,915.12

I think that about does it. I look forward to discussing this with you, having you visit and most importantly, investing and making money.

Warm regards,

Charles Boehm Hill

Property Magnet Real Estate Investors Inc

604-649-2385

info@propertymagnet.org

Charles, the problem I see is that, down here in the US at least, a return of less than 6% isn't going to attract much attention. With the stock market blazing and with many real estate markets down here heating up, I suspect many US based investors will stay local where they are more comfortable and can in all likelihood earn a greater return. This deal might be one for you to shop locally.

Thanks Michael,

I suspected as much. 5% here is a good return on investment. Rather than second guess our members I put it out and see what happens.

Thanks Michael,

I suspected as much. 5% here is a good return on investment. Rather than second guess our members I put it out and see what happens.

I agree. No harm in spreading the word, everywhere, anywhere, and to everyone.

Hi Charles,

Hope all is well.I work with a source that are partnered with a group of investors from USA, Europe and the Middle East. They fund film projects,music labels, business startups, real estate and more. There is no upfront fees only after the project is funded. The company presents the investors with interesting business plans from around the world and work to get them funded.Terms and conditions are decided on an individual project basis. Projects in the past that the investors have funded include: solar projects, hydroelectric dams, restaurant chains, microfinance institutions, commercial and residential construction projects, energy purchasing and sales, and ecotourism projects. The company requires a business plan for each project, which the company then presents to the investor group. The private investors are able to provide financing and loans to projects quicker than traditional financial institutions and at competitive terms. Plus this company has a independent analysts that can quickly advise on a project approval. The privacy of the investors is paramount and as such the company cannot disclose the names of the investors until the negotiating process nears. Once the investors express interest in making a loan for the project, the company will make the introduction and connect the project owner directly to the investor office. At this point the project owner is free to negotiate and come to terms with the investor.You can also visit my site to view other funding sources at http://egyptianmanentertainmentgroup.com/film-music-funding//

Carlos

Email: C_CM1958@aol.com