The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
lynie

Closing wholesale assignments

I do wholesale assignments virtually and am moving into new markets. I've been using a service, an escrow company owned by an attorney, to handle the paperwork. But they're a little pricey and their work can be a bit sloppy. So here's my question: Since I'm just doing assignments (have LO agreements with seller, finding tenant buyer and assignment my seller agreement to the tenant buyer and I'm out), does the "closing" have to be done by a title company or attorney? Could an escrow company do it? Even better, could a licensed real estate agent do it?

Lynie, if I understand your process then I don't see why you need an attorney, an agent, or a title company involved at all.

You've described what I call a Cooperative Assignment. Been doing them for 25 years and have never used any of the above to handle the assignment. Why are you?