The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DeeLight

VA for cl mkting

Hey gang,

I am still utilizing the freebie mkting for a bit longer however would like to find a VA to start sending the cl emails.

The challenge: besides actually finding one of these creatures that really performs with integrity, how would they prove to me that they had actually sent 100 emails a day for the past 4 days? Seems like a techie solution needed---ack!!

There are numerous sites where VAs offer their services. Odesk seems to be the big name these days, but you can also try elance.com and freelancer.com, to name but two. No way to guarantee you aren't being fleeced, but these sites offer references and ratings of the individuals, so you can make an informed decision.

When I was using a VA for my E-mail marketing here is what I did to keep track of their progress:

1. Set up a new Gmail account for them to use emailing the ads, making sure that your name appears as the Sender

2. Provide the VA with the e-mail address and password to the account

3. Setup e-mail forwarding from this new e-mail address to your e-mail address that you regularly use

4. Regularly log into this new e-mail to check their progress and see how many e-mails they have sent

This will allow you to track their progress, have the responses sent (forwarded) to your regular e-mail, and not have the VA gain access to your regular e-mail. It works best with detailed instructions on the content and ads you want them to hit. Worked well for me for a while, but it was difficult working with someone who doesnt know the market as to what ads you want e-mailed and which ones you don't.

"Worked well for me for a while, but it was difficult working with someone who doesnt know the market as to what ads you want e-mailed and which ones you don't. " that's what I was concerned about.

With my day job work sched I am having trouble sending enuf emails---the gosh darn, dang nabbit (and other explitives) CL system is so corrupted it takes F O R E V E R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to send just a hand full.

Thanks for your help Masta mike

I have GOT to start direct mailing : /

I held off of direct marketing due to a lack of start up funds for a while as well. I was (and still am) consistent on e-mailing all of the Craigslist ads in my area with an approach similar to MC's famous "two-email approach." But in the end I find that you spend so much time e-mailing and following up on leads with unmotivated sellers that it can get frustrating. Can't beat the cost though. I recently rook one of John's online classes and decided to bite the bullet and begin direct mailing. I have to say the response rate varies quite a bit depending on what you mail, but the leads you get back are much better and they are calling YOU versus you chasing them. Changes the game quite a bit when you are talking to them as you already know they are interested.

See if you can find a good VA that can follow your detailed instructions and you may find it takes some of the burden off your schedule. Good luck.