The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DanielSun

cold call

Hey just dropping by so that you know I am not dead. lol

still emailing sellers on CL, i have to say FRBO is not very productive, i get about 3 interested in 300 emails. that's more or less 1% response rate. FSBO is pretty good. I have many people asking, just haven't found the right one yet.

I've been reading Bev's phone approach, (is she still around?) and I want to try cold call some FRBO everyday, maybe 10 to 15 everyday. It definitely saves time and I hope may be more rewarding than emails.

Though I was never much of a talker, but you gotta do what ya gotta do. I will start today!

still emailing sellers on CL, i have to say FRBO is not very productive, i get about 3 interested in 300 emails. that's more or less 1% response rate.

I agree. Most ads on FRBO are investors and so they don't want or need my help. On the other hand, I'm looking for that guy I call a "reluctant landlord". The homeowner who is renting only because he hasn't been able to sell. Hit him up with the advantages of a Rent to Own vs a traditional rental, and you have a deal.

FSBO is pretty good. I have many people asking, just haven't found the right one yet.

You will. Be persistent with your marketing to them. It only takes one deal to put $7K or $10K in your pocket and make it worth your while.

I've been reading Bev's phone approach, (is she still around?) and I want to try cold call some FRBO everyday, maybe 10 to 15 everyday. It definitely saves time and I hope may be more rewarding than emails.
I haven't seen or heard from Bev in quite some time. I don't know that cold calling "definitely saves time", but it definitely hones your people skills.