The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MikeT/NC

Captain's Log. REI date '012

Just thought I'd give a little update since I started my marketing campaign this week. I didn't get to do a whole lot because of trying to get some rentals ready to rent out. Which basically turns me into a $10 per hour guy. Probably not the best use of my time. But I did place a couple of ads on CL and Backpage. I think I placed two ads on each site. One in FSs and one in the FRs. I've gotten zero results from the ads. I did however get around ten to twelve responses from the ads that I responded to. One guy wanted 5K down. He must have been in a coma. A few referred me to their agents. I got back to a couple of them and told them what the deal was and it ended there. One fellow wanted to hear more so I called him but he wasn't interested. I think next week I'll put out some more bandits and also start sending out some post cards to sellers on the MLS. Is there a site you guys use for absentee owners and expired listings. I tried listsource but it was going to charge me $9k. I figured I'd pass on that.

Hey Mike, good job being in action! I've had similar results as you mention here. :unsure:

Absentee owners can be bought from a list company. If I had the $$ right now I would be targeting them and the mls. The mls, expireds are best gotten from some agent that you manage to make friends with. There are some threads here about making the deal sound good for them.

Stay consistent and stay in action ;)

Michael,I must have entered the wrong information into their system. I talked to some other people yesterday that say they've used it and it was reasonable.

Michael,I must have entered the wrong information into their system. I talked to some other people yesterday that say they've used it and it was reasonable.

Yeah, that's sounds likely. $9K for a mailing list? Only the federal govt would pay that much! :lol: