The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Marketing L/O Consulting

I started marketing last week the not mentioned much "L/O Consulting" technique.

I know I haven't pushed it here in my area because of not wanting to hand over my business model and contracts to the locals and ever increasing investors here. However, I am now marketing to other cities in my state that would be difficult for me to drive to and do showings to T/Bs. I'm trying to get a feel if FSBOs would be interested in a consulting service to help them L/O their houses themselves.

Here's my head line: Sell Your House ABOVE Market Price! Will Show You How!

It's a spin from my typical head line.

Right now I am doing email marketing and am getting responses. Has anyone tried specifically marketing the L/O Consulting technique and have any pointers?

Steve

This is something I've been wanting to implement myself.

I've also been looking into marketing online, offering consulting-type deals, but have some kinks to work out.

On the other hand, I don't want to come off as someone playing attorney.

I know that Adam has done a few of these. Maybe he can add something.

I'd be interested in how this turns out for you.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Been rummaging through the archives (always an adventure) and found this thread.

I'll add more links when I find any more that are worthy and pertain to the subject

at hand.

I wouldn't want to veer this post off course :D

http://www.naked-investor.com/forums/index...p;hl=consulting

Steve, I have not marketed specifically for Consultation type deals. But your plan sounds like a good idea. Why not? There isn't any downside that I can see. Marketing needn't cost much if done wisely, and you're offering a service that most homeowners aren't even aware exists, at a price that is very reasonable. The key will be getting the word out to as many homeowners as you can as inexpensively as you can. The more I think about this the better it seems!

Sell Your House ABOVE Market Price! Will Show You How!

Brilliant!!

post-1-1170760687.jpg

Hi All,

Your consulting idea sounds good to me. I've been thinking about it for awhile now. If I decide to go ahead and try, what do you think this would sound like:

Need To Sell Your Home?

I will show you how to Lease/Purchase your home and receive your Full Asking Price (In your pocket)!!

You will put more dollars in your pocket and not a realtors

I will consult with you, one on one and explain the process step by step, so you will be able to sell your home. You will receive the following........

1. Documents you need that are state approved

2. I'll show you how to calculate your numbers

3. Refer a Mortgage Broker that will pre-qualify your buyer

4. How to find comparable prices of your type of home

5. Where to look to find the value of your home

6. Show you how to advertise for a buyer at no cost to you

Bill

:):lol: Michael, I don't know where you get these pics :lol:

The more I think about this the better it seems!

Sell Your House ABOVE Market Price! Will Show You How!

Brilliant!!

Well...I must agree...of course it originated form the Naked Investor with a little twist :D

Jason, I guess I am trying to reach further out to the larger markets in my state. By consulting, I could drive to the sellers town, get my fee give them some information & paper work and be home in time to make a bank deposit. I'm thinking I would also offer email/phone support to the seller during their proccess.

Bill, I have added a "Consultant" page to my web site and market that page using email marketing. Here is part of what the seller will receive (again credits go the the Naked Investor; I swear I don't think I can do anything with out that manual):

• Instruction customized for you!

• How a Lease/Option works to sell your home.

• What are the advantages to the seller.

• No "tenant and toilet" aggravations and receive

your rent on or before the first day each and

every month.

• You receive our Lease Purchase materials

including contracts, and more.

• A complete marketing plan

• Unlimited personal support and consultation by

phone, fax, and email from start to close!

I've got the line in the water and had a few nibbles but no bits yet. Still early though.

Hi Steve,

Sounds like a good setup you have. I have just setup a private phone voicemail that I am going to use. I will build up a buyers list, only for rent to own's. I will advertise telling them to let me know what kind of house they are looking for and where. They can leave it on the voicemail and I will have a list (I hope). I figure it doesn't hurt to try!

Bill

I would seriously consider working with the seller through the process in exchange for a split of the OC. To ensure you don't get screwed over you could collect say $500 upfront from the seller, and the remainder when they find the T/B. Handle it as an escrow agent like Adam talked about in that old thread.

* No marketing expenses

* No showing homes

* No geographical limit to your business

Sounds good to me!

What sort of marketing are you doing specifically for your services as a Consultant? Or are you adding this service into the mix when speaking with homeowners who have responded to your usual marketing efforts?

I started marketing last week the not mentioned much "L/O Consulting" technique.

I know I haven't pushed it here in my area because of not wanting to hand over my business model and contracts to the locals and ever increasing investors here. However, I am now marketing to other cities in my state that would be difficult for me to drive to and do showings to T/Bs. I'm trying to get a feel if FSBOs would be interested in a consulting service to help them L/O their houses themselves.

Here's my head line: Sell Your House ABOVE Market Price! Will Show You How!

It's a spin from my typical head line.

Right now I am doing email marketing and am getting responses. Has anyone tried specifically marketing the L/O Consulting technique and have any pointers?

Steve

Steve, I do like the idea. I see it as another way to get the phone ringing. Maybe you can convert them to doing a lease option when they inquire on the consulting. Although this wouldn't apply out of state unless you had someone you could rely on there.

I just ran a test and have had 1 reply in the last few hours (a "no"). I'm doing this separately from my regular business, like Steve, I'm marketing the consulting to far-flung cities that I wouldn't do regular CAs or SLOs in anyway.

I sent out another 15 or so emails and got another 3 replies in the last 3 hours.

1. Another "no" this time from a realtor boasting of their ability to sell the property in a matter of days for full asking :D

2. Realtor #2 offered $3,500/month for a $400k property :) so I countered with an equally ridiculous $2k/month.

3. FSBO of brand new loft says that he will "definitely" drop me a line in the next few weeks if it doesn't sell.

Before anyone asks (yes I see you pointing your mouse over the reply button!) I choose NOT to appear to be a business with the first email. I went with the very low-key one liner:

"Hi, I was wondering if you would consider renting this home out if it doesn't sell?

Doug"