The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Steven Fleet

NYC market

Guest Steven Fleet

Live in the NYC area, actually 5 min from Manhattan, want to know how it is here, regarding straight-up FSBO's, as most property in Manhattan is of the condo/co-op variety. I assume maybe it's good, considering the sheer volume of the NYC market, but it is a different breed compared to your standard suburban neighborhood. thanks

Hi, Steven. Glad to see you've come on board here. As we spoke about on the telephone, I think the condo market lends itself well to creative real estate and lease purchasing. Lord knows there are no shortage of them down here in Florida. The thing you need to be alert to are the specific rules of the specific condo association. You need to be certain, for example, they allow rentals in the building.

As for co-ops, I am not familiar with how they work. Perhaps someone will come along who can offer us some insight on this.