The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Kurt von Ahnen

Home Inspection

Guest Kurt von Ahnen

Question.... I have started a home inspection business in the Denver area. I have been trying to reach as many realtors as possible to offer my service - ie. contacts from my last line of work, visiting open houses. What do you think is a good way to offer a sound service to the realtor audience, that will get noticed?

Thanks

Kurt von Ahnen

My Webpage

Hello,Kurt, and welcome to The Naked Investor.

You already know that the key to any successful business is to market, market, and market some more.

It sounds as if you've begun to do so on a small scale. That's fine, but you need to diversify and figure out what your marketing budget allows you to do.

In addition to what you are now doing, I suggest you also consider newspaper advertising, bandit signs, flyers, business cards, and networking.

You need to also get into as many realtors offices as you can. Set appointments to speak with the office manager and let them know who you are, what you do, and why you are the one they should consider when a home inspector is required. Perhaps you can offer an incentive of some kind to get some initial business.

Eventually, your efforts today will pay off down the road. There is nothing so good as when they are calling you. It will happen, Kurt, but you need to be persistent in your marketing efforts to get to that point.

Best wishes to you!