The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Learning and Burning

How do you respond???

Good Day All,

I'v been away from this forum and the business for a minute. I ended up with a J.O.B. working on someone else's dream.

As usual that doesn't seem to work out for me. So I am back and ready to rock and roll. I'v been getting activity again and of course i got an email response. Asked if she would consider leasing with option to buy? Said she would. Sent the faqs sheet and got this question.

How can you legally Broker such a deal without a real estate license? Her exact wording.

Not sure if she is a Realtor as she posted in rent by owner. I'm guessing she is. So my question is what is the best way to respond as to set her straight in a short but brief answer?

Excited to get back on my dream train....

Simple, straightforward, honest answer: I am not brokering real estate. I am a principal in every deal I do.

That's it. You owe this person nothing more. But if you want to be a bit persnickety you should ask her if she is a licensed Agent or Broker. If she is, tell her she is obligated to reveal this in her ad.

Great answer, I sent to her word for word and she did admit she is a broker. Her response was kinda like oh snap this guy does have a clue, and he wont be intimidated by her bullying. Seems these kind of people get butt hurt when a guy is capable of thinking outside the box and making it work. Go figure, now she will probably want to get involved to add to her tool box. Says if the house does not rent in a week she will make contact... Not holding my breath.....

Learning and loving it.

• Like 1

I doubt she calls, but if she did I wouldn't do business with her. She's already let you know she will be a pain in the ass to work with, and probably views you as the enemy.

I just emailed a FRBO property about doing a lease purchase, and an agent replied. She made it clear that she was representing the seller. She said the seller wanted to either sell it or lease it. No lease purchase! :blink: Yeah, but I'm offering the best of both?

I had to remind the agent that she needed to refresh herself with the requirements to include that she is a realtor in her ad. :angry:

• Like 1

I had to remind the agent that she needed to refresh herself with the requirements to include that she is a realtor in her ad. :angry:

Yeah, many Realtors have a selective memory when it comes to revealing this.

I get this often, where the Professional (Realtor) is posting an add with no mention of there presence. My efforts go towards the by owners and when they reply to my questions in that who the BLEEP am i to even have a clue attitude really CHAPPS MY HYDE....Normally i don't respond as they suck my energy. But now the short and simple answer from Da Man himself in this post is all they will get out of me,,,, bears will stop $($##(&^ in the woods before i deal with the likes of her,,,,,She hasn't called Go Figure.....

So a Realtor has to mention there position in the ad? Even if they own the property? Have you ever done a deal with a Realtor?

Do they not teach lease options in R.E class? Because some iv talked to are clueless.....

So a Realtor has to mention there position in the ad? Even if they own the property? Have you ever done a deal with a Realtor?

Yes, yes, and yes. Although it has been a long time since I've done a deal with a Realtor. There are exceptions, but most just get in the way.

Do they not teach lease options in R.E class? Because some iv talked to are clueless.....

No, they don't. Realtor training is about listings and sales.