The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Learning and Burning

Might want this one for myself.....

So, I have pawned my son off to Uncle Sam.U.S.M.C (Thank You Son and Sam)...and now am looking to down size as i am solo and renting more house then i need.....

Now, in my marketing i have a seller who is open to leasing with the option to buy but he does not want me to be able to sublet.

Since i am considering this place for myself i figure i could be good with such. Now he mentions getting another agreement drawn up as the wording in mine says sublet. A different agreement, then we have is the part i am not 100% comfortable with. And would like to know your thoughts on this scenario? Can this one be modified for my protection?

Hmmmmm??

He doesn't want you to be able to sublet? That's understandable, and if the place is for you it shouldn't be an issue. The easiest approach would be to modify your agreement to something that requires the owner's permission to sublet. Using his paperwork might be acceptable, too, but the devil is in the details. Know what you're signing.