The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Andrew Ikeda

What's a good Biz Card look like?

Hello Everyone:

Just have a few questions on Business Cards. Other than your name and phone number, what other info. would you add on this?

Would you put only your cell phone number or also your residence? If you are doing other than l/o's would you put 'rent to own'? As Michael mentions in his manual, you dont want to tell the seller that you are an 'investor' so how would you describe yourself on the card?

I'm also thinking of flipping or doing l/o's on mobiles with a friend of mine.

Sorry if these questions are basic or 'stupid' but I'm interested in knowing what to show.

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

Sincerely,

Andrew

Andrew, when it comes to business cards, my belief is "less is more". Have you ever received a business card from someone that is so "busy" and full of numbers, text, and pictures that you don't what business the person is in? If so, you understand what I mean.

The primary purpose of your card is to make available to the recipient a means of contacting you. Your card is not going to sell anyone anything. When you hand your card to someone it is usually during a brief conversation. During this time you are doing the salesmanship. Your card is a followup with your contact information. Again, less is more and simple is better.

No need to get fancy or expensive, in my opinion. And I would definitely not place my residence or personal address on my card, either. You don't want strangers you meet knowing your personal residence. Not a good business practice in this day and age.

The basics should include your company name, your name, business/mailing address, a phone number or two, an email address, and that's about it. If the name of your business does not clearly indicate what your business is about, then you may need to also include a brief description.

For example, one of my business cards reads: CARBO PROPERTIES, LLC.

Immediately beneath that: Specializing in Lease Purchase