The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Guest Mack

Question regarding buying a family house

Guest Mack

Hi All,

I have a question and I need your advice on it. I'm interested in a 2 family house in New York City but right before I made up my mind that I like the house, the owner got sick with cancer. He won't sell it for 5 month because he's doing kimo-therapy. He will sell but he has to wait for the 5 month. The owner told me that he will sell me the house but he just has to wait to finish with the treatment which as I said will take 5 month. He is open minded to any deal as long as it's legal.

Now, what can I do to make sure that when the 5 month are over, I end up with the house. Also, can I do something to lock in a rate now since they are very low now?

Any suggestion are welcomed and thank you very much for your help.

God Bless.

Mack.

flywithme30@yahoo.co.uk

Hello, Mack, and welcome aboard.

The first thing I thought of was to see if the homeowner would agree to signing off on the deal now, but setting up the close five or six months from now. He has the time frame he needs to deal with his personal situation, and you have the property you want locked down.

As for locking in your loan rate now, that's possible, also. But you need to check with various mortgage brokers, explain the situation, and see who can work out a deal that suits your needs. Don't forget, these guys want your business and a good one will go out of his/her way to get you as a customer.

Maybe someone else will come along with some more possibilities. Best wishes, and visit frequently, Mack.