The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MikeT/NC

CA vs Agreement to Purchase

Hi Michael,One of my investing buddies says he likes to use an Agreement to Purchase (basically its a simple one page pure option) when doing a CA instead of using a lease with option agreement. He is collecting an assignment fee rather than option consideration. I guess the advantage is that it's just a one page simple agreement rather than a Lease with an option which would make it easier for the homeowner to grasp. But it seems like the buyer/optionee might balk a little at paying an assignment fee rather than thinking he's getting a reduced price when he pays the option fee. Have you ever done deals like this. I was thinking about using my lease agreement that I use with my rentals with a few changes but my rental agreement is nine pages long which I fear might scare the homeowner a little. Whatya think?

I think there are any number of ways to get to the same end. Problem with the way you described is finding a t/b willing to pay you a fee that doesn't apply to the purchase. It would need to be one heck of a deal for the t/b to bite.