The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

MLS Book

LOL, remember the old MLS Book? The size of a phone book. And how golden it was to get an old version to use. Not to mention the stack of dated news paper classifieds sitting on the floor. Good times...

post-85-0-39746800-1435114857_thumb.jpg

Hehe. Strolling down Memory Lane, Steve? I recall waiting for the Sunday morning papers to arrive so I could jump on the real estate section and start dialing for dollars. By 10:00 AM I already had 3 homeowners tell me to get lost. :P Good times, indeed.

• Like 2

How did we ever operate... My husband sells logo merchandise and we use to have companies fedx the artwork to us and we had a file drawer with all the art stored. When my kids were small we went to Key West and the hotel had a ice tray in it . They had no idea what it was-lol. And lastly my dad moved in with us and brought his dial phone. Again, the kids had no idea how to use it.

Times have certainly changed. Everything is instant now.

Just to make you guys feel old, I remember when I was a little kid and you couldn't use the phone AND the internet at the same time...

...And when I was in middle school, I had a Palm Pilot to keep track of homework and use as a calculator... It was color, but didn't have wifi or cellular data, you had to save webpages to it if you wanted to view them on the go...

Hahaha! That's debatable I'm sure... :ninja:

I do kinda miss the Want Advertiser magazine they had in New England (not sure if it was published in other areas as well)...

There was something fun about flipping through the pages every week circling ads (though at that time I was more interested in cars and car parts than real estate for sale....)

Craigslist came along and took the challenge out of it... and put them out of business... :glare:

I remember when I got started doing mortgages, we had a guy Joe (RIP Joe), who used to come in twice a week, pick up a white pages, throw it on his desk and whatever page opened was the page he would start calling people at for loans. Joe would rip through 2 pages in under an hour, and walk out of the office with 3-4 loan apps a day. The man was a machine, better then any robocaller system I have seen. He would literally come in twice a week and close 30-40 loans a month.

Nowadays thats a heavy fine and criminal thanks to the Do Not Call lists.