The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
wildwestinvest!

Race to get a deal done.

Okay, I'm going to try to let you know how the marketing pans out. I could use a payday! (Whose gonna save momma?) Feel free to comment along and say what you want. I hope this will be an open string for the thoughts of nwoobs, seasoned flippers, and greenies like me. Thank you for your input.

I'm trying to get my first deal of this year done as fast as possible from Feb. 3 (chinese new year). I'll do a lease purchase but I prefer a pure option. Let's make some cash. I'm ready as of today.

New marketing:

• About 4 days ago I joined the CC C of Commerce and I've had 2 TBs contact me (whoda thought)--apparently I'm on their website and I saw myself in the newseltter under new members. Can you believe these people want to do a ribbon cutting?
  • I rebuilt my website
  • rebranded business cards are on the way

More to come this week. Let the things I do lead this string!

Happy investing everybody!

Just joined the Chamber and already had 2 contacts? I'd say you're off to a good start.

Nick, you finished last year with a flourish so don't be too quick to abandon what already worked for you. Add some tools to that mix, of course. The key is to diversify your marketing and to continue aggressively.

Thank you, sir.

I'm in a great (free) course right now at Coursera.org about growing your business. Best to do it organically and to let it slowly unfold so as not to be overwhelmed and not to get into a cash-crunch, they says.

New Marketing:

• manta.com I did a lot to customize there and build some support. I offered to pay the $15 for a premium membership just to see what it does. I'm trying to up my internet marketing by finding a new place to post up about my company online everyday (but not for $15).
  • Local penny pincher: took a lot of consideration but I decided to go big here. Luckily I'm a scary good negotiator when it comes to prices. I have display ads that cover the real estate section with a giant "WE ACQUIESCE REAL PROPTY" or something like that---what are those magic words again? Price: $360 a month. *cringe* (shoulda been $450), but this is what I will pay to have a "legitimate advertisement" in a publishing that every resident in my farm area gets for free in their mailbox every week. *sigh* I listened to my gut on this one and it felt all good. The best part is the timing: because Feb is a short month my ad will run 6 weeks in a row! After that's it's the first 3 weeks of the month.
  • Facebook: I'm campaigning my friends and family today for more likes
  • website changes: added a "like" for facebook and some other social media, otherwise I got that baby refined. My Webpage, is my product.
  • I have a CL ad up.
  • classified ads: running them in the two local newspapers for $30/month and the other at $12/month

No seller calls yet!!!! =O

Better get more aggressive tomorrow. Suggestions???

• Like 1

Nice plan and work, Nick. Like I always say, diversify your marketing and do so aggressively. That pretty much sums up the above. No callers yet, you say. Yet being the operative word. They will come a knockin'. And when they do, just one deal will pay for your monthly marketing expense multiple times over.

Also, doesn't the real estate market go into hibernation mode in winter out your way? It wouldn't surprise me to hear that come the Spring thaw you're the hottest thing since canned beer.

We are having the most fantastic weather out here I tell you! 300 days of sunshine means 300 days of sunshine! Now everybody knows a good place to escape the wind right?

New Marketing:

-backpage.com ad

-sent out 6 emails (all I could get off CL)

-searched some FSBO sites including local ones

-I'm still tweaking my website for the last little bits before I'm in everybody's mailbox on Friday....

Tomorrow I will man up and make some calls! I think I will search 6 months back in the newspapers and just start hounding people. It's the only way to get a bonafide lead before the end of the week!

Has anyone else ever showed up to a seller's house on a motorcycle?

• Like 1

Has anyone else ever showed up to a seller's house on a motorcycle?

No. But I have made my entrance in a Speedo and tight fitting top. I didn't get the deal but I did get lucky. :oB):wub:

Yea girl.

So, I was planning on being a bottle of flavorful craft beer, preferably 7%ABV, on nitro, and much more refined than one of those domestic, mass-produced cans of fermented barley-wheat-corn water...... ever had a Sam Adams or something like that? Ever had a Claymore from the Front Range Brewing Co?

I got my first two seller leads and they called me!

It was the newspaper ad twice. Boy it's great when they call you! And rewarding to know your marketing was effective!

New Marketing:

• I'm in the minipaper
  • I got my business cards today. They came out excellent!!! I highly recommend overnightprints.com Order the cards with the UV coating on both sides, provide an image at 300 dpi and you won't be upset (for design: use their starter image and a free photoshop program like GIMP and there's no way a two-thousands-teens tech kid could mess it up). They are tough, glossy, crisp, and have an almost plastic like feel. Their $10 shipping option came a day earlier than estimated. I ordered 250 because you always want to change something. But I figure that by the time I get 250 of these out there I'll have a $xxxx deal. I have "How to tie a lasso" in 4 steps on the back. Cool!
  • I got a press release written which I intend to submit to area newspapers
  • reuped CL
  • My website is finally there. What a great process: building, building, building, building, writing, rewriting, on and on. Then know what happened? I just started cutting it all away. Triming away every last sentence of copy that I could until I had just what I needed. Success! Web presence = super!

I'm off to go test my fortune in the mountains this weekend. Stay cool everybody. REI is piece-E-Z.

• Like 1

Great stuff, Nick! Love your enthusiasm! Don't get sidetracked by falling for some floozy cowgirl!

ever had a Sam Adams or something like that?

Oh, just a few thousand times. :wacko:

Ever had a Claymore from the Front Range Brewing Co?

No, but I suppose when I head out to Cody, the Claymores are on you, along with some buffalo burgers and the aforementioned cowgirl. :lol:

July is going to be a hoot.

New Marketing:

• started posting to a FB group for classifieds in my area after someone sent me an email suggesting I do so

Can you believe I still didn't make any cold calls? I'm such a sissy! I'm going to have to put a real incentive in place for tomorrow. Meanwhile, I've been putting serious thought into my bandit signs. I think I'm going to keep them simple, because that's what works. Shooting for Friday having a few big ones up, with leases to defend them.

I got another seller lead first thing this morning. Sounds like a possible CA opportunity. I'm going to visit it with him and see the property on Wednesday.

• Like 1

New Marketing:

• I did make some cold calls.
  • handing out business cards (people like them)
  • maintaining what I've started on the internet

One lead is turning into a fast flip probate situation. Vacant, owner ready to "leave it to the banks", owner in different state, neighbor taking care of the place for now. I hope he's at least a little motivated to sell....

A little motivated? Hehe. With a vacant property in a far away and scary place, (Wyoming :o ), I'd say this homeowner is the poster child for motivated seller.

Quick follow up:

I've barely added new marketing because what i have in place is bringing in leads now. Of course, I'm actively maintaining what I have in place. The new business cards are rad and are getting swiped up left and right where ever they are left. My brand is working out excellently.

I've got at least three seller leads to follow up on this morning plus I have my other three in the works.

For now, I'm not going to be posting more updates. Nonetheless, I will be continuing to expand my marketing in new and different ways, and continuing the methods that are in place, of course. I will follow up when the first one closes (hopefully before this month is out).

My intent is to show how REI can be done quickly when you know what's up. If you want to invest in real estate, you best start by investing in marketing, kiddo.

Thank you, MC.

We're rolling!

• Like 1