The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
bkyleclark91

Craigslist, Whats working

For posting multiple craigslist ads, whats working these days? I hear conflicting things about craigslist. They are a major source of leads though, even these days with their crappy looking site.

If I were to make a goal of posting 100 ads a month on craigslist. I see there is a feature to repost that keeps your ad on there for a extra 2 weeks and bumps it to the top once, that's cool. My ultimate goal is to post a lot of ads to get inbound calls to my phone and traffic to Opt Ins. Buyers and sellers...

-Postlets is still king?

-Are clickable links working for folks these days?

-What sections are the best to target?

-Whats getting people ghosted? Should we put out only X amount of ads a day per IP addy?

-What Ad types are working(Lease option, Renters: You can own too!, Sellers we can..., Underwater?We can help, 10 ways to buy undermarket, 10 ways to get improve your homes value)

If someone could fill me in on the formula of how to not get kicked by CL and how many ads to do how often per IP I can take it from there. I wanna get some templates made now, outsource it and automate it.

I figure I got several different IPs(house, friends, library), a VA is cheap, VPS's are cheap. Are there decent places out there where you can pay per ad posted? Im trying to brainstorm now so when I got my license I can mow over the competition(hopefully).

Im researching. So when I find decent info I will post it in this thread in a effort to help you guys too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cant drop much knowledge on the subject since I only follow CL posting methods a little. But for those who don't know, you can filter out bad ads from your searches there by putting negative search terms in the search bar. Maybe this can help someone.

-realtor, -brokerage, -dre

Thank you.

-Kyle

Kyle, lots of good questions, but Craig's List has always been somewhat of a mystery to me, and many others from what I hear and see. At times it seems their "rules" are random. I'll be blocked for doing something that was specifically recommended by someone who has had no issues doing the very same thing. :wacko: Go figure.

As for running ads, I have tried previously but the results have been poor. Mostly scammers and weasels trying to extract money or gather emails to sell.

Blind ads like that have never worked for me, and I see lots of people doing it now and they get flagged very quickly. I doubt they are getting many leads. When marketing for sellers I prefer to email the listings that are already there - if someone is posting on CL for a house to sell it's unlikely they are reading many of the other ads since they aren't there to buy. They might once in a while to see what's on the market, but I'd rather contact them directly than hope and pray they see my ad. I use Classified Searcher Pro to respond to everything. It's the greatest tool out there, there is a thread on this board about it. I set it up to search, when I get up in the morning I check off the listings I want to respond to, click a button and it's done for me. Templates are saved, I have ones geared toward fsbo's and frbo's. I've got 2 houses under contract this month from it. It's also great because it saves the emails and won't let you respond to the same ad twice - I would never be able to keep track of that doing it manually. Best $30 I ever spent.

• Like 2

Mhmi,

When Emailing Clist, do you only email those that are by private seller or ones that are obviously from management companies/realtors? It seems the majority is listed by the latter. Any advice on that would be great.

I'm not mhmi, but I'll kick in my two cents anyway. I always pass over Agents, Brokers, management companies, etc. The bulk of our business is going to come from dealing direct with homeowners. Yes, those Realtors have no problem posting their ads in the FSBO section, often not noting in their ad they Realtors. Frustrating, sure. Flag the bastards and move on.